Apply For A Spring 2012 Internship With SABR
The Society for American Baseball Research is seeking an intern with journalism and multimedia skills for the spring of 2012. The ideal candidate will produce and edit content to be displayed on our website at SABR.org, working with our Web Content Editor/Producer and other staff members.
This internship will include responsibilities across a variety of disciplines, possibly including:
- Interviewing SABR members and other figures in the baseball research community
- Writing and editing stories
- Taking photographs and shooting/editing video
- Posting content online using the Drupal content management system
- Engaging the baseball research community through social media and other platforms
- Helping to develop special editorial projects for SABR.org
- Working on-site at a local SABR event, such as the spring baseball analytics conference or Arizona Fall League Conference
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate basic office-related computer skills. Proficiency with image-editing software and basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
A working knowledge of baseball — and an awareness of the game's general history and basic statistics — is required.
The internship is an unpaid educational opportunity, covering 15-20 hours per week (flexible schedule), at the SABR office in Phoenix, Arizona. The internship will be for a fixed period of time and is designed to provide the intern with skills and training that may be applicable to working in a nonprofit research environment or in other research-based organizations. No housing assistance will be provided. Internships may count toward college credit.
Please send a resume, cover letter and 4-6 samples of published articles in PDF form by 12 p.m. MST November 15 to email@example.com.
About SABR: SABR’s mission as a nonprofit organization is to foster the research, preservation and dissemination of the history and record of baseball.
This page was last updated October 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm MST.