Del Unser, Steve Cobb, Barry Bloom to speak at the 2017 SABR Arizona Fall League Experience
We're excited to announce featured speakers for the ninth annual SABR Arizona Fall League Experience, which will be held Thursday, November 2 to Saturday, November 4, 2017.
Our featured speakers will include:
- Del Unser, a 15-year major-league veteran who helped the Philadelphia Phillies win the 1980 World Series and has spent more than three decades in the organization as a hitting coach, farm director, and scout
- Steve Cobb, Executive Director of the Arizona Fall League since 1993
- Barry Bloom, MLB.com national columnist and president of the Hemond-Delhi Arizona SABR Chapter
Unser and Cobb are scheduled to speak at the ballpark dinner on Thursday, November 2 at Scottsdale Stadium before the Scottsdale Scorpions' game against the Peoria Javelinas. Bloom will emcee the Hemond-Delhi Arizona Chapter meeting on Saturday, November 4 at the Embassy Suites, 5001 Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale, Arizona. Please note: All speakers are subject to change depending on availability.
The SABR AFL Experience will feature three AFL games showcasing baseball's top prospects. We'll also have a special dinner at Don and Charlie's, home of one of the best baseball memorabilia collections you'll ever seen. On Saturday, attendees will join members of SABR's Hemond-Delhi Arizona Chapter for their regional fall meeting, with more research presentations and guest speakers to be announced soon. We'll conclude the conference with the nationally televised Fall Stars Game on Saturday evening at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. All of this, including transportation, is included in one low registration price.
- Register now by clicking here! Registration is $175 for all SABR members and guests before October 12, 2017; $195 afterward.
- Host hotel: SABR's recommended hotel is the Embassy Suites (5001 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251) in Old Town Scottsdale. Click here to book your room online or call the hotel at (480) 949-1414 or (800) 528-1456 and mention "SABR" to book your room at our special group rate of $129/night (plus tax).
Your registration fee includes all game tickets; an AFL Media Guide; dinner at the ballpark (Scottsdale Stadium) on Thursday and Don and Charlie's on Friday; and transportation to and from all events.
Register now at SABR.org/AFL. See you soon in Arizona!
Local or visiting SABR members can purchase extra or optional tickets to the Thursday evening ballpark dinner and game ($35) at Scottsdale Stadium, the Friday afternoon game at Scottsdale Stadium ($7), the Friday night dinner at Don and Charlie's ($60), or the Fall Stars Game ($7) on Saturday night at Salt River Fields. Extra AFL Media Guides ($12) are also available for purchase while supplies last. Please contact Deb Jayne at email@example.com for details.
This page was last updated September 13, 2017 at 5:01 pm MST.