The SABR Bookshelf: Spring 2016
Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Spring 2016:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Au jeu/Play Ball: The 50 Greatest Games in the History of the Montreal Expos, edited by Norm King
- The 1986 Boston Red Sox: There Was More Than Game Six, edited by Bill Nowlin and Leslie Heaphy
- The 1986 New York Mets: There Was More Than Game Six, edited by Leslie Heaphy and Bill Nowlin
- 100: The 100 Year Journey of a Baseball Journeyman, Mike Sandlock, edited by Karl Cicitto
- Down on the Korner: Ralph Kiner and Kiner's Korner, by Mark Rosenman and Howie Karpin
- The Yankees Index: Every Number Tells a Story, by Mark Simon
- The Only Rule Is It Has To Work: Our Wild Experiment Building a New Kind of Baseball Team, by Ben Lindbergh and Sam Miller
- The Arm: Inside the Billion-Dollar Mystery of the Most Valuable Commodity in Sports, by Jeff Passan
- Amazin' Again: How the 2015 New York Mets Brought the Magic Back to Queens, by Greg W. Prince
- When Shea Was Home: The Story of the 1975 Mets, Yankees, Giants, and Jets, by Brett Topel
- When the Braves Ruled the Diamond: Fourteen Flags over Atlanta, by Dan Schlossberg
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number, by David Finoli
- Tales from the Atlanta Braves Dugout: A Collection of the Greatest Braves Stories Ever Told, by Cory McCartney
- Incredible Baseball Stats: The Coolest, Strangest Stats and Facts in Baseball History, by Kevin Reavy and Ryan Spaeder
- Skipper Supreme: Buck Showalter and the Baltimore Orioles, by Todd Karpovich and Jeff Seidel
- Dingers: The 101 Most Memorable Home Runs in Baseball History, by Joshua Shifrin and Tommy Shea
- Another Time … Another Place — Baseball Reflections, by Stu Rossman
- The Boy Who Would Not Play Ball, by Robert Brewer
- For the Love of Baseball: A Celebration of the Game That Connects Us All, edited by Lee Butkind and Andrew Blauner
- Ahead of the Curve: Inside the Baseball Revolution, by Brian Kenny
- Fantasy Sports and the Changing Sports Media Industry: Media, Players, and Society, edited by Nicholas David Bowman, John S.W. Spinda, and Jimmy Sanderson
- 50 Moments That Defined Major League Baseball, by Rocco Constantino
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History, by David Finoli
- Characters from the Diamond: Wild Events, Crazy Antics, and Unique Tales from Early Baseball, by Ronald T. Waldo
- Jackie Robinson: An Integrated Life, by J. Christopher Schutz
- Game 7, 1986: Failure and Triumph in the Biggest Game of My Life, by Ron Darling and Daniel Paisner
- Lawyerball: The Courtroom Battle of the Orioles Against the Nationals and MLB For The Future of Baseball, by Charles H. Martin
- When Baseball Was King: The History of Semi-pro Baseball in Dunsmuir, California (1895-1970), by John David Fischer
- Baseball in Territorial Arizona: A History, 1863-1912, by John Darrin Tenney
- The Baseball Whisperer: A Small-Town Coach Who Shaped Big League Dreams, by Michael Tackett
- Kings of Queens: Life Beyond Baseball with '86 Mets, by Erik Sherman
- Blackguards and Red Stockings: A History of Baseball's National Association, 1871-1875, by William J. Ryczek
- Ralph Kiner: A Baseball Biography, by Robert P. Broadwater
- Happy Felsch: Banished Black Sox Center Fielder, by Thomas Rathkamp
- The Tigers and Yankees in '61: A Pennant Race for the Ages, the Babe's Record Broken and Stormin' Norman's Greatest Season, by Jim Sargent
- The Prehistories of Baseball, by Seelochan Beharry
- Hairs vs. Squares: The Mustache Gang, the Big Red Machine, and the Tumultuous Summer of '72, by Ed Gruver
- Dodgerland: Decadent Los Angeles and the 1977-78 Dodgers, by Michael Fallon
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
This page was last updated November 22, 2016 at 12:57 pm MST.