The SABR Bookshelf: Summer 2017
Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Summer 2017:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to email@example.com.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks (free for SABR members!)
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Bittersweet Goodbye: The Black Barons, the Grays, and the 1948 Negro League World Series, edited by Frederick C. Bush and Bill Nowlin
- Puerto Rico and Baseball: 60 Biographies, edited by Bill Nowlin and Edwin Fernandez
- Connie Mack’s First Dynasty: The Philadelphia Athletics, 1910–1914, by Lew Freedman
- The Cooperstown Casebook: Who's in the Baseball Hall of Fame, Who Should Be In, and Who Should Pack Their Plaques, by Jay Jaffe
- Electric October: Seven World Series Games, Six Lives, Five Minutes of Fame That Lasted Forever, by Kevin Cook
- Spirit of '67: The Cardiac Kids, El Birdos, and the World Series That Captivated America, by Thomas J. Whalen
- Latino Stars in Major League Baseball: From Bobby Abreu to Carlos Zambrano, by Jonathan Weeks
- The Best Season: The Challenging Finish, by Bob May
- Mexican American Baseball in El Paso, by Richard A. Santillán, Eric Enders, Pete G. Flores, Donavan López, and Jorge Iber
- The Love of Baseball: Essays by Lifelong Fans, edited by Chris Arvidson and Diana Nelson Jones
- The Cultural Encyclopedia of Baseball, 2d ed., edited by Jonathan Fraser Light
- Visualizing Baseball, by Jim Albert
- Texas Heat, Chicago Fire: The Remarkable Life of Joe Horlen, by Robert L. McCartha
- The Arena: Inside the Tailgating, Ticket-Scalping, Mascot-Racing, Dubiously Funded, and Possibly Haunted Monuments of American Sport, by Rafi Kohan
- Between the Innings, by Dan J. Kirk
- Nashville Baseball History: From Sulphur Dell to the Sounds, by Bill Traughber
- Danger at the Ballpark, by Jack Herskowitz
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
This page was last updated August 30, 2017 at 2:53 pm MST.