Two weeks left to take advantage of 2018 SABR Analytics early-bird discount
There are only two weeks left to take advantage of the early-bird registration discount for the seventh annual SABR Analytics Conference! The early registration period ends on February 15, 2018.
Sign up today to join us at SABR Analytics on Friday, March 9 to Sunday, March 11, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. Once again, we're bringing together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball. All baseball fans are welcome to attend.
We're excited to announce more of our featured speakers and panelists for the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference:
- Jeremy Booth, CEO of the New Balance Baseball Future Stars Series and the CEO/President of Program 15 Baseball Player Development
- Brett Kurland, professor of practice at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University and founding director of the Phoenix Sports Bureau of Cronkite News
- Bill Squadron, Special Counsel for Genius Sports
This year's speakers and panelists are also expected to include Brian Kenny of MLB Network, ESPN's Jon "Boog" Sciambi and Eduardo Perez, Arizona Diamondbacks Sr. Vice President/Assistant GM Amiel Sawdaye, longtime major-league pitching coach Rick Peterson, San Francisco Giants executive David Bell, Chicago White Sox executive Chris Getz, Seattle Mariners executive Andy McKay, Monsterful VR CEO/founder Jarett Sims, FanGraphs' Eno Sarris, SABR President Vince Gennaro, and many more! Click here to learn more about our speakers and panelists.
This year's conference will feature the high-quality content you've always enjoyed at the SABR Analytics Conference and the same number of featured panels and research presentations, but there will be a few changes to the usual schedule: We will begin programming early Friday afternoon on March 9 and will run through Sunday afternoon on March 11. The change in schedule is due to the availability at our host hotel this year. However, we have a large block of rooms for SABR Analytics Conference attendees on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
In addition, the Diamond Dollars Case Competition will start at 6:00 p.m. on Friday evening and the networking reception will be held on Saturday evening, March 10 at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. Lunch, which is included in your conference registration, will be served at noon on Friday — before the regular programming begins — and also on Saturday between the morning and afternoon sessions.
- Registration: Click here to register for the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference. Early registration is $395 for SABR members, $495 for non-members, and $350 for currently enrolled high school or college students (includes one-year SABR membership). Registration includes lunch on Friday and Saturday afternoons and the networking reception on Saturday evening. The early registration discount expires on February 15, 2018.
- Hotel: Click here to book your room at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix at the special SABR rate of $229/night (plus tax) or call (602) 252-1234 and mention that you're with the SABR Analytics Conference. Complimentary wireless Internet is available in all rooms booked under the SABR block. The cutoff date to book your room is February 15, 2018.
- Speakers: Click here to learn more about our SABR Analytics Conference speakers and panelists.
- Diamond Dollars Case Competition: Learn more or apply now to participate in the 2018 Diamond Dollars Case Competition.
- Research Awards: Click here to learn more about the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards finalists.
- Sponsors: Click here to learn more about the SABR Analytics Conference sponsors.
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR's long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.
The Analytics Conference schedule consists of a combination of Guest Speakers, Panels, and Research Presentations — plus the unique Diamond Dollars Case Competition, in which undergraduate, graduate and law school students from across the country analyze and present a real baseball operations decision.
For more information on the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference, visit SABR.org/analytics.
This page was last updated January 31, 2018 at 2:41 pm MST.