USA Today Sports Weekly Award (Poster Presentations)
USA Today Sports Weekly sponsors an award for the best poster presentation at the Annual Convention. It includes a $125 cash prize with a matching donation to SABR.
The USA Today Sports Weekly Award is a companion award to the Doug Pappas Award for the best oral research presentation at the Annual Convention.
- Francis Kinlaw, "The Line Drive that Changed Baseball’s History!"
- Brandon Grilc, "Stealing Home: How American Society Preserves Major League Baseball Stadiums, Ballpark, & Fields"
- Jimmy Sanderson and Matthew Crownover, "Building From Within or Acquiring from Without: An Analysis of Roster Construction for Post-Season MLB Teams from 2009-2013"
- Brendan Bingham, "The Uncertain Relationship Between Stolen Bases And Runs Scored"
- Andy Andres and James Tetler, "Release Point and Ulnar Collateral Ligament Injuries"
- Patrick Kilgo, Jeff Switchenko, Hillary Superak, Paul Weiss, Lisa Elon, Brian Schmotzer, and Lance Waller, "Pitch F/X as a Scouting Tool: Using Advanced Graphical Methods to Scout Hitters"
- J-P Caillault, “The Best vs. the Best: W-L Records of Hall of Fame Pitchers against Each Other”
- Susan Ballentine, “Rethinking Bill James’ Pythagorean Expectation”
- David R. Zavagno, Avrami Grader, and Philip M. Halleck, “Maple Bats Changed the Game”
- Patrick Kilgo, “Historically Atypical Performance: Quantifying the Unusualness of Players' Seasons”
- Allison Binns, “The Short-Term Effect of Salary Arbitration on Performance”
- Larry Lester, "The East-West All-Star Classic, 1933-1953"
- Cecilia Tan, "The Women's Baseball Marathon"
- John Jarvis, "Trends, Exceptions and Results in IBB Usage"
- Michael Schell, "Identifying the Best Home Run Parks in Baseball History"