Couldn't make it to Arizona for the sixth annual SABR Analytics Conference? Visit SABR.org/analytics for full coverage of this exciting event that brings together the top minds in the baseball analytics community in 2017. You'll feel like you're wandering through the Hyatt Regency Phoenix with stories and highlights from the great panel discussions and research presentations on our schedule, photo galleries, and much more.
- During the conference, you can follow along on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #SABRanalytics or by reading tweets from our account (@SABR) and from other conference attendees.
- View our photo galleries from each day of the conference at SABR.org/analytics/photos.
For more highlights from the 2017 SABR Analytics Conference, click on a link below:
Thursday, March 9
- Listen to highlights from the Player Panel with Hall of Famer Randy Johnson and postseason legend Luis Gonzalez (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the Analytics of Hitting, Pitching, and Catching with Jessica Mendoza, Eno Sarris, Vince Gennaro, and Dan Migala (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the MLB Now Panel with Eric Byrnes, Vince Gennaro, C. Trent Rosecrans, and Brian Kenny (audio)
- Listen to research presentations by Joe Rosales, Scott Spratt, and Jeff Zimmerman (audio)
- 2017 Diamond Dollars Case Competition winners announced
- Click here for photo galleries from Day 1 at the SABR Analytics Conference
- Max Mannis: SABR Analytics Player Panel reveals insights on game preparation by Johnson, Gonzalez
Friday, March 10
- Bill James honored with inaugural SABR Analytics Conference Lifetime Achievement Award
- Listen to highlights from Bill James' talk on the future of baseball analysis (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the Chicago Cubs' Five-Year Journey to the World Series panel with Jed Hoyer and Scott Harris (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the General Manager Panel with Jerry Dipoto, Mike Hazen, and Brian Kenny (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the MLBAM Statcast Panel with Tom Tango, Mike Petriello, Daren Willman, and Mike Ferrin (audio)
- Listen to research presentations by Perry Husband, Gerald Schifman, Ben Jedlovec, and Glenn Healey (audio)
- Click here for photo galleries from Day 2 at the SABR Analytics Conference
- Max Mannis: Cubs' World Series run proves patience pays off in rebuild
Saturday, March 11
- Listen to highlights from the baseball broadcasters panel with Jim Deshaies, Mike Ferrin, and Jon "Boog" Sciambi (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the Diversity in Baseball Panel with Tyrone Brooks, Renée Tirado, Sarah Gelles, and Vince Gennaro (audio)
- Listen to highlights from the Technology Panel with Jordan Muraskin, Dr. Daniel Laby, Brian Murphy, and Brett Kurland (audio)
- Listen to research presentations by Vince Gennaro, Rob Mains, Shane Sanders, and Matt Hunter (audio)
- August Fagerstrom, Meg Rowley, Mina Kimes win 2017 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards
- Click here for photo galleries from Day 3 at the SABR Analytics Conference
About the SABR Analytics Conference
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. While SABR is a multi-faceted organization involved in virtually every aspect of baseball, we have taken a major step to re-connect with our beginnings by producing and hosting the sixth annual SABR Analytics Conference.
Once again, we've brought together the top minds of the baseball analytic community under one roof to discuss, debate and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball.
The schedule consists of a combination of Guest Speakers, Panels, and Research Presentations — plus the unique Diamond Dollars Case Competition, in which undergraduate, graduate and law school students from across the country analyze and present a real baseball operations decision.
You can download the digital program for the 2017 SABR Analytics Conference by clicking here (PDF).
The 2017 SABR Analytics Conference is being held Thursday, March 9 through Saturday, March 11 at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, 122 N. 2nd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004.
- Click here for biographies of our featured speakers, panelists, and moderators.
- Click here for the full schedule of research presentations, including presenter bios and abstracts.
SABR's long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.
- 2016: For coverage of the 2016 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2015: For coverage of the 2015 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2014: For coverage of the 2014 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2013: For coverage of the 2013 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2012: For coverage of the inaugural SABR Analytics Conference, click here