Each year, SABR seeks to give students skills and training that may be applicable to working in a nonprofit research environment or other research-based organizations.
A remote internship with SABR will involve responsibilities across a variety of disciplines, possibly including:
- Working with the Director of Editorial Content or Publications Director to help publish and/or produce content for our website at SABR.org
- Working during a SABR event or conference
- Working with other SABR staff members on organizational duties, membership renewal drives, customer service
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate basic office-related computer skills and have a reliable Internet connection. Experience with WordPress (or other content management systems) and Zoom (or other virtual-conference platforms) is a plus. A working knowledge of baseball — and an awareness of the game’s general history and basic statistics — is required.
SABR internships are educational opportunities that may count toward college credit, covering 15-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule. The internship will be for a fixed period of time and is designed to provide the intern with skills and training that may be applicable to working in a nonprofit research environment or in other research-based organizations.
- To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF form to Jacob Pomrenke.
- Deadlines: Applications for the upcoming spring semester are reviewed in December and applications for the fall semester are reviewed in August.