June 27-July 1, 2012
Marriott City Center
30 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
For complete information about the convention — including schedule, ballgame and hotel — visit SABR.org/convention.
Note on off-site events, 5/4/12: If you registered for SABR 42 before May 4, 2012, and wish to purchase any of the off-site events — Metrodome/Downtown Walking Tour, exclusive Target Field tour or Historic Ballpark Sites Bus Tour — to your convention itinerary, please contact Deb Jayne at (602) 343-6450.
Note on all-inclusive rate, 6/3/12: Please note that our Twins tickets are sold out, so the all-inclusive rate is no longer available. You can still reserve your spot at the Awards Luncheon and any of our off-site events, along with your regular convention registration, below.
Here is registration information for SABR 42 in Minneapolis:
REGULAR CONVENTION, SPECIAL EVENT RATES
SABR members and non-members who wish to purchase registration, banquet tickets and game tickets and off-site tours separately can do so at the following rates:
includes access to all panel discussions, research presentations, committee meetings and other on-site events.
- SABR members: $129
- Non-members: $179
Metrodome/Downtown Walking Tour on Wednesday, June 27
- Fee: $5
Led by Halsey Hall Chapter president Brenda Himrich, a tour of downtown and a tour of the Metrodome, former home of the Twins. Brenda will take you through the skyways of downtown Minneapolis and come back through the milling district along the river. You can head straight back from the Metrodome if you want or walk along the river. They can cross the river along the Stone Arch Bridge (where folks have been known to get married) and eat or drink someplace along the east bank on historic Main Street.
Exclusive tour of Target Field on Thursday, June 28
- Fee: $15
Join us for an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins, led by Twins curator Clyde Doepner. You will be able to visit areas not accessible on most public tours of the ballpark.
Awards Banquet on Friday, June 29
- Awards Banquet: $45
Meal includes salad, chicken entree and dessert. (If you have special dietary considerations, please contact Deb Jayne at email@example.com.)
Twins vs. Royals game on Friday, June 29
UPDATE 6/3/2012: Our Twins tickets are now sold out.
SABR has reserved a block of tickets in the Skyline Deck and Home Plate View sections. In your registration packet, you will receive a "chit" for each game ticket you purchased. You will be able to redeem your chit for a game ticket in the Chase Room at the Marriott City Center anytime during the convention. If you do not care with whom you sit, you should turn your chit into your game ticket right away. But if you want to sit with a friend, wait to turn in your chits at the registration desk at the same time, thereby getting tickets next to one another.
Historic Ballpark Sites Bus Tour on Saturday, June 30
- Fee: $15
Take a bus tour to historic Twin Cities ballpark sites, including Nicollet Park in Minneapolis, Lexington Park and The Pillbox in St. Paul, and Metropolitan Stadium in suburban Bloomington. Tour is limited to first 45 registrants. (Note: A second bus could be chartered if enough people sign up.)
HOW TO REGISTER
Our third-party software provider does not make it obvious how to register or add guests/spouses for the convention. Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 ticket to the Twins vs. Royals game on Friday night.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to register for SABR 42:
- 1) Click here to go the SABR Store.
- 2) Select Registration Fee: Select your registration rate — all-inclusive or separate — then click the "Next" button.
- 3) Enter Registration Information: Check to make sure your badge information is correct — then click the "Next" button.
- 4) Select Sessions & Confirm Conference Agenda: Check the boxes on the left side of the screen in order to select any of our optional events: the Metrodome/Downtown Walking Tour, the exclusive Target Field tour, the Awards Banquet or the Historic Ballpark Sites Tour. Note: You MUST check the box on the left-hand side to add an item to your purchase — then click the "Next" button.
- 5) Number of Guests*: If you do not wish to add a guest, just click the "Next" button. If you wish to add a guest/spouse for the Awards Banquet or Twins game, select the number of guests — then click the "Next" button. See further instructions below.
- 6) Confirm & Submit Registration: Check to make sure everything on the screen is correct — then click the "Register Now" button.
- 7) Payment: If everything on the screen is correct — click "Proceed to Checkout". Your credit card will not be charged until you complete the checkout process.
TO ADD A GUEST/SPOUSE TO BANQUET AND GAME
Please note that the all-inclusive rate does include 1 ticket to the Awards Banquet and 1 ticket to the Twins vs. Royals game on Friday night.
If you wish to purchase a second ticket for a guest or spouse, here's how:
- 1) Follow steps 1-5 above. Select the number of guests you wish to add.
- 2) Enter Guest Registration Information: Type in your guest's badge information, even if they are not registering for the full convention — then click the "Next" button.
- 3) Select Guest Registration/Session Fees: If your guest is not registering for the full convention, select "Guests" for $0.00 — then click the "Next" button to add an Awards Banquet ticket or Twins game ticket. If they do wish to register, select the all-inclusive or separate rates and continue filling out the fields until checkout.
If you have trouble registering for SABR 42, please contact Deb Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 343-6450.
For complete information about the SABR 42 convention, visit SABR.org/convention.