Baseball fans, join us throughout the month of July 2020 for SABR Virtual, a series of online presentations, chats, and panel discussions featuring authors, scholars, and figures from around the game!
Registration is now open for each SABR Virtual session at SABR.org/virtual-meetings, where you can find the full schedule of speakers and presenters for our online events.
SABR Virtual sessions are scheduled each weekend from Thursday, July 9 to Sunday, July 26, highlighted by:
- Nearly 40 research presentations on all aspects of baseball, past and present, from the major leagues, minor leagues, and Negro Leagues
- Half a Century in Half an Hour: SABR’s 50 at 50 Project, with Leslie Heaphy, John Thorn, and Jason Schwartz
- Evaluating Baseball Art: Storytelling in a Digital Age, with Graig Kreindler, Anika Orrock, Dick Perez, and Anthony Salazar
- Civil Rights and Baseball: Perception and Reality, with Dr. Louis Moore and Emily Hawks
- Baseball Then and Now: Arnold Hano’s 94 Years in the Bleachers, with Arnold Hano, Jon Leonoudakis, and Jean Ardell
- MLB Diversity Initiatives and Social Justice Resources, with Tyrone Brooks and Corey Smith
- Annual Business Meeting on Saturday, July 11, with Bob Davids Award announcement to follow
- Online raffle in which all SABR members will have the opportunity to win baseball memorabilia. Click here to learn more and enter to win!
SABR’s Annual Business Meeting, scheduled from 4:00-5:00 p.m. EDT on Saturday, July 11 will be livestreamed at Facebook.com/sabr.baseball.research for everyone to watch online. The Board of Directors welcomes any questions from members; please fill out our online form to submit a question in advance.
SABR members will have first priority to reserve their spot for each daily two-hour session. Recordings will be available for all baseball fans to view afterward on SABR’s YouTube channel.
Visit SABR.org/virtual-meetings to find the complete schedule of presentations and join us for SABR Virtual in July!
Originally published: June 25, 2020. Last Updated: July 9, 2020.