SABR 41: Lebowitz Elected to Fill Remaining Year on Secretary's Term
LIVE FROM LONG BEACH — As a member of the Tellers' Committee for the special election — along with committee chair Dick Beverage and Mike McCullough — I am here to announce the results of the special election held during the Annual Business Meeting on Thursday morning at SABR 41.
A total of 96 votes were cast. The first-round result was:
- /Chris Dial -- 17 (17.7%)/
- Anthony Giacalone -- 20 (20.8%)
- Todd Lebowitz -- 33 (34.5%)
- Ty Waterman -- 26 (27.1%)
Because no one received a majority on round 1, we applied the Instant Runoff Voting methodology prescribed in SABR's Bylaws. The lowest-ranked candidate (Dial) was removed, and his ballots were assigned to the 2nd-ranked candidate thereon. The result of round 2 was:
- /Anthony Giacalone -- 26 (27.1%)/
- Todd Lebowitz -- 39 (40.6%)
- Ty Waterman -- 31 (32.3%)
Again, no candidate received a majority of the valid votes, so the IRV methodology was applied again:
- Todd Lebowitz -- 54 (*57.4%*)
- Ty Waterman -- 40 (42.6%)
- no vote -- 2
Thus, Todd Lebowitz has been elected to fill out the remaining year of the Secretary's term in office. A regular, scheduled election for Secretary will be held in 2012.
— Neal Traven
This page was last updated July 7, 2011 at 4:36 pm MST.