SABR 41: Top Tweets From Long Beach
LONG BEACH — As part of our ongoing coverage from SABR 41 last week in Long Beach, we set up a Twitter widget on the SABR.org home page by which convention attendees could post live updates from every presentation, panel and ballgame.
- @aarongleeman: Final verdict on #SABR41 in California: Any of y'all who don't come to #SABR42 in Minnesota next year ought to be ashamed of yourself.
- @robneyer: In a room filled with Baseball Primates. If you don't see another Tweet from me by Monday, please send help. #SABR41
- @DanEvans108: Had good time today at SABR41 convention in Long Beach; GM panel member with Fred Claire & Jed Hoyer. #SABR41 http://twitpic.com/5nx4yg
- @aarongleeman: "Your Rally Monkey is getting in my beer." - @cwyers #SABR41
- @wezen_ball: Talking regrettable trades, Dan Evans tells us about regretfully trading for Todd Hundle. Fred Claire 10-ups him w/Pedro trade #sabr41
- @ducksnorts: Fascinating presentation at #SABR41 on whether veterans get breaks from umpires. Older pitchers get more false strike calls.
- @bobtimmermann: At the site of the old Wrigley Field for #sabr41 twitpic.com/5nm9er
- @baseball_ref: Free B-R t shirts in vendor room at #Sabr41
- @buckweaver: Yes, that would be our Black Sox committee meeting in the lede of this LAT article on #SABR41 today: http://lat.ms/nyfywV
- @robneyer: I think I prefer this new, crowd-free version of Dodger Stadium. #sabr41
- @gmartinez51: Dodger Stadium is very nice. Going to be a great evening of baseball with my #SABR41 buddies. Bought a nice Valenzuela jersey/t-shirt.
- @BarryID: Funniest line at #SABR41 -- Speaker: what can I add to this meeting? Wife: 30 minutes. Fact: It was 45 including a magic trick. Fun.
- @MWEinNC: #SABR41 Giacalone: To be able to pitch through the arthritis in his elbow Koufax junked his entire repertoire except for FB and curve.
- @gmartinez51: J. Thorn: When will we have a woman baseball player? No reason they can't play competitive baseball. #SABR41 I agree!
- @PatrickSull: You're not gonna believe this, but @d_a_cameron isn't really holding back at #sabr41 on the Fangraphs panel.
- @joedimino: About to go to In-n-Out burger for the first time. Am I going to be harassed for not wanting the sauce? #SABR41
- @merknits: Had dinner with MLB's VP of Stats. Fun guy, predilection for Hawaiian shirts. #SABR41 is proving even cooler than I expected. :)
- @crzblue: Impromptu session outside the corridor when #SABR41 attendees stopped Wes Parker to chat. He still talking ! Have some in video @Dodgers
- @sean_forman: Why is @OldHossRadbourn busting on #SABR41. Does he realize people only know of him because of SABR members?
- @SBarzilla: Sold two books so far. I can now afford dinner. #SABR41
- @braggers41: Stat wizard John Dewan crushing it at #SABR41 panel. Seconds Rich Lederer's nomination of Bill James for the Hall of Fame. I third it.
Follow us on Twitter all year long at @SABR.
If you're a SABR member and not on our list here, send us a reply on Twitter so we can add you.
— Jacob Pomrenke
This page was last updated July 14, 2011 at 3:37 pm MST.