The SABR Bookshelf: Fall 2012
Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes listings of new books that are received at the SABR office. This feature is called The SABR Bookshelf, continuing a popular section from the old SABR Bulletin.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Fall 2012:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Society for American Baseball Research, 4455 E. Camelback Rd., Ste. D-140, Phoenix, AZ 85018.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
Click the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Hank Greenberg: The Hero of Heroes, by John Rosengren
- Small Town Baseball, Big League Dreams, by Bob Meyer
- Images of America: Baseball in Orange County, by Chris Epting
- Deacon Bill McKechnie: A Baseball Biography, by Mitchell Conrad Stinson
- Reasoning with Sabermetrics: Applying Statistical Science to Baseball's Tough Questions, by Gabriel B. Costa, Michael R. Huber and John T. Saccoman
- Arlie Latham: A Baseball Biography of the Freshest Man on Earth, by L.M. Sutter
- Kid Nichols: A Biography of the Hall of Fame Pitcher, by Richard Bogovich
- Hazen "Kiki" Cuyler: A Baseball Biography, by Ronald T. Waldo
- Big Klu: The Baseball Life of Ted Kluszewski, by William A. Cook
- Players and Teams of the National Association, 1871-1875, by Paul Batesel
- Occasional Glory: The History of the Philadelphia Phillies, Second Edition, by David M. Jordan
- Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs: A Reference Guide, by Ron Keurajian
- When Baseball Was Still King: Major League Players Remember the 1950s, by Gene Fehler
- New York Versus New York, 1962: The Birth of the Yankees-Mets Rivalry, by Bill Morales
- Baseball and Social Class: Essays on the Democractic Game that Isn't, edited by Ronald E. Kates and Warren Tormey
- Making It in the Minors: A Team Owner's Lessons in the Business of Baseball, by Arthur P. Solomon with Allyn I. Freeman
- Baseball Myths: Debating, Debunking and Disproving Tales From the Diamond, by Bill Deane
- Cellar Dwellers: The Worst Teams in Baseball History, by Jonathan Weeks
- Family Ties: A Comprehensive Collection of Facts and Trivia About Baseball's Relatives, by Richard A. Cuicchi
- The Bird: The Life and Legacy of Mark Fidrych, by Doug Wilson
- Sandlot Stats: Learning Statistics With Baseball, by Stanley Rothman
- The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2013, edited by Dave Studenmund
- Red Sox By The Numbers, by Bill Nowlin and Matthew Silverman
- Bucky: A Story of Baseball in the Deadball Era, by Fred W. Veil
- Fenway Park at 100: Baseball's Hometown, by Bill Nowlin and Jim Prime
- Golden Boys: Baseball Portraits, 1946-1960, by Andy Jurinko and Christopher Jennison
- Baseball's Biggest Miracle: The 1914 Boston Braves, by John Holway with Frank Ceresi
This page was last updated November 20, 2012 at 9:01 am MST.