Sign up now for 2014 baseball tour of Cuba
Note: Please note that the original dates for the 2014 Cubaball Tour have changed. It is now scheduled for February 14-22, 2014.
The 12th annual Cubaball Tour, organized and operated by SABR member Kit Krieger, is scheduled for February 14-22, 2014. The 9-day and 8-night program will feature 5 or 6 National Series games in various ballparks in western Cuba with the locales awaiting the publication of the Cuban schedule. In addition to attending games, tour participants will visit a baseball academy, visit the baseball monuments in Havana's Cristobal Colon cemetery and La Tropical Stadium, home of the Cuban Winter League teams from 1930-1946.
Cubaballistas saw Yasiel Puig in Cienfuegos, Kendry Morales with the Industriales and Alexei Ramierez with Pinar del Rio. They meet with players past and present, highlighted by a memorable visit with 102-year old Connie Marrero.
The tour package includes:
- 8 nights accommodation at historic 4- to 5-star hotels in Havana and 3- to 4-star hotels in outlying cities, with daily breakfast, as determined by the baseball schedule
- The final itinerary will be set upon release of the 2013/14 Cuban National Series baseball schedule
- Best seats for all National Series games
- All activities, speakers, meetings and admissions as specified in the itinerary
- Expert Cuban and English-speaking tour guide
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach
- Airport transfers as available
The registration window is a short one and the tour is limited to 25 people.
Visit www.prime-travel.com, call (604) 880-4512 or send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or special travel requirements needed. More than 100 SABR members have enjoyed the Cubaball experience since 2001 and rank it among the most memorable baseball and travel experiences of their lives.
This page was last updated September 23, 2013 at 12:46 pm MST.