Spring/Summer 2011 Listings for The SABR Bookshelf
Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes listings of new books that are received at the SABR office. This feature is called The SABR Bookshelf, continuing a popular section in the SABR Bulletin that was sent out to members.
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Society for American Baseball Research, 4455 E. Camelback Rd., Ste. D-140, Phoenix, AZ 85018.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Publishers' contact information can be found by clicking here.
Click the link for more detailed information on each book listed below:
- Out of Left Field: Jews and Black Baseball, by Rebecca T. Alpert
- Images of America: Mexican American Baseball in Los Angeles, by Francisco E. Balderrama and Richard A. Santillan
- Baseball in the Garden of Eden: The Secret History of the Early Game, by John Thorn
- Catching Heat: The Jim Leyritz Story, by Jim Leyritz, Douglas B. Lyons and Jeffrey Lyons
- Major League Baseball Scouts: A Biographical Dictionary, by P.J. Dragseth
- Kenichi Zenimura: Japanese American Baseball Pioneer, by Bill Staples Jr.
- Beyond DiMaggio: Italian Americans in Baseball, by Lawrence Baldassaro
- Wins, Losses & Empty Seats: How Baseball Outlasted the Great Depression, by David George Surdam
- The Kings of Casino Park: Black Baseball in the Lost Season of 1932, by Thomas Aiello
- Turbulent Seasons: Baseball in 1890-1891, by Charles C. Alexander
- Solid Fool's Gold: Detours on the Way to Conventional Wisdom, by Bill James
- The Off Season: National League 1953/54, by John Oelerich
- Remembering Fenway Park: An Oral and Narrative History of the Home of the Boston Red Sox, by Harvey Frommer
- A Talk in the Park: Nine Decades of Baseball Tales From the Broadcast Booth, by Curt Smith
- Territories to Boomers: Professional Baseball in Ardmore 1904-1926, by Peter G. Pierce
- Indians, Cardinals and Rosebuds: Professional Baseball in Ardmore 1947-1961, by Peter G. Pierce
- Jewel of the Sports World: The Story of the Hickok Belt Award, by Scott Pitoniak
- 10 Rings: Stories of the St. Louis Cardinals World Championships, by James Rygelski and Robert L. Tiemann
- This Is Our Time! The 2010 San Francisco Giants, by Chris Haft and Eric Alan
This page was last updated August 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm MST.