Welcome to the Minor Leagues Research Committee!
One of the three original SABR research committees, the Minor Leagues Research Committee has over the years broken ground in its field and has been working for many years on a massive database project to build a comprehensive online compilation of historical Minor League statistics.
- Please note: Historical minor-league statistics at Baseball-Reference.com are now licensed from 24-7 Baseball and Chadwick Baseball Bureau. To learn more, click here. If you are looking to make updates to any information found at Baseball-Reference.com, please click here.
Committee members’ work has been collected in three volumes each of Minor League Baseball Stars and the Minor League History Journal. Click on a link below to download a PDF e-book edition of the Minor League Stars books:
SABR Guide to Minor League Statistics: Between 1995 and 2007, SABR’s Minor Leagues Committee published three editions of what was originally called The Guide to the Guides — a comprehensive recording of where to find published minor-league player and team statistics, primarily in the annual guidebooks published by The Sporting News, Baseball America, Spalding, Reach, Sporting Life, and others. This guide covers minor-league seasons from 1887 to 2006, and it includes specific date and page numbers for the guidebooks to help future researchers locate with precision where that year’s minor-league statistics can be found. Click here to download the SABR Guide to Minor League Statistics, 3rd edition. Note: This large PDF file is 33 MB, so it may take a while to download.
Beating the Bushes is the committee newsletter which helps facilitate and coordinate research efforts.
- Newsletters: To find current and past Minor Leagues committee newsletters, click here.
- Announcements: To sign up for email announcements from this committee, click the “Announcements” button above, then click “Join Group” (). All SABR members are eligible to sign up for announcements from any committee.
- Member interests/expertise: Click here for a list of member interests and expertise related to minor-league baseball. If you are interested in contributing to an existing project or have questions about any subject on this list, feel free to get in touch with a fellow SABR member.
- Volunteers/research assistance: Click here for a list of committee members who have volunteered their time to help you with your minor-league research needs.