Become a SABR member today!
If you’re interested in baseball — writing about it, reading about it, talking about it — there’s a place for you in the Society for American Baseball Research. Any baseball fan is eligible to become a SABR member.
SABR memberships are available on annual, multi-year, or monthly subscription basis. Memberships auto-renew for your convenience. Young Professional memberships are for ages 30 and under. Senior memberships are for ages 65 and older. Student memberships are available to currently enrolled middle/high school or full-time college/university students.
Monthly subscription members receive SABR publications electronically and are eligible for SABR event discounts after 12 months.
International members wishing to be mailed the two Baseball Research Journals should add $10 per year for Canada/Mexico, and $19 per year for other locations around the globe.
- To join by mail: Print out this downloadable PDF form and mail the form and your payment to the office at SABR, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
SABR was formed in 1971 in Cooperstown, New York, with the mission of fostering the research and dissemination of the history and record of the game. Our members include everyone from academics to professional sportswriters to amateur historians and statisticians to students and casual fans who merely enjoy reading about baseball history and occasionally gathering with other members to talk baseball.
SABR members have a variety of interests, and this is reflected in the diversity of its research committees. There are more than two dozen groups devoted to the study of a specific area related to the game — from Baseball and the Arts to Statistical Analysis to the Deadball Era to Women in Baseball. In addition, many SABR members meet formally and informally in regional chapters throughout the year and hundreds come together for the annual national convention, the organization’s premier event. These meetings often include panel discussions with former major league players and research presentations by members.
Most of all, SABR members love talking baseball with like-minded friends. What unites them all is an interest in the game and joy in learning more about it.
Why join SABR? Here are some benefits of membership:
- Two issues of the Baseball Research Journal, which includes articles on history, biography, statistics, personalities, book reviews, and other aspects of the game.
- Expanded e-book edition of The National Pastime, our convention journal which focuses on baseball in the region where that year’s national convention is held
- This Week in SABR e-newsletters every Friday, with the latest goings-on in SABR and highlighting SABR members’ research
- New e-books published through the SABR Digital Library — free to all SABR members
- Regional chapter meetings, which can include guest speakers, presentations, and trips to ballgames
- FREE online access to the Newspapers.com World Collection and complete archives of The Sporting News through Paper of Record
- Access to SABR’s extensive archive of members-only Research Resources
- Online member directory to connect you with an international network of passionate baseball experts and fans
- Discount on registration to our annual conferences and National Convention
- Access to SABR-L, an e-mail discussion list of baseball questions and answers, or other online forums at SABRgroups.org
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate international community of baseball fans
Want more details? Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about getting the most out of your SABR membership.
To learn more about gift memberships, click here.