SABR launches new membership profile system
We are pleased today to unveil SABR's new back-end membership profile system at http://members.sabr.org.
The new system, powered by YourMembership.com, includes an upgraded search directory (featuring a field for research interests and expertise), more streamlined event registration, a simpler process for renewing your membership and a "single sign-on" functionality, as well as a more reliable communication system for chapter and committee leaders.
All SABR members can access the new functions by signing in now at http://members.sabr.org.
SABR members, here's what this means for you:
- Upgraded search directory (http://sabr.org/directory). The new SABR Membership Directory includes a full list of contact information and restores special functionalities such as searching by chapter, committee or research interests/expertise. Just type in a person's last name and see who you find!
- New membership profile feature: Research Interests and Expertise (http://sabr.org/profile). An important function of the SABR Directory is that members can find others who share their interests or who are knowledgeable about a particular subject. We encourage all of you to add your own research interests or subjects of expertise to your profile by clicking on the "Profile" button at members.sabr.org. Please note: Anyone who was a member prior to 2011 will find their Research Interests and Expertise filled out exactly how they left it in the old MySABR system. You can edit/update your profile at any time.
- Easier to sign up for chapters/committees. All SABR members are eligible to sign up for announcements from any of our 60 regional chapters or 26 research committees. The new system makes it simple — just click the "Join a Chapter" or "Join a Committee" button at members.sabr.org, find the group you want and select the "Join Group" button.
- New Admin Tools for group leaders (http://admin.sabr.org). E-mail notifications from chapter/committee leaders have been hit-or-miss under the SABRNation system. The new system should allow all group leaders to send announcements to their members instantly and reliably. Uploading newsletters and adding an event to the SABR Calendar is now a one-step process. Downloading a current roster of group members — sortable by join date, expiration date and contact info — is once again possible.
- Single sign-on functionality. The new back-end system is integrated with all areas of SABR.org, which means that you should no longer have to sign in multiple times to access different areas of the website. You will be able to sign in once at members.sabr.org and that log-in will enable you to view all members-only areas, including the YourMembership profile and the SABR Directory.
- Event registration. It should be easier to register, add sessions and bring guests for any SABR conference or convention.
- Renewing or donating. It's now a one-step process to renew your membership or donate to SABR to support future baseball research. Click the "Renew" or "Donate" button at members.sabr.org, fill out your information and submit your payment.
We'll highlight all these features in more detail in upcoming editions of "This Week in SABR" to help you get more familiar with them. But we think you'll like the new system.
Thanks go out to Peter Garver, Deb Jayne and Jeff Schatzki for helping to fully implement this new system, and a special thanks to all the chapter and committee leaders who provided valuable input during beta-testing over the past few weeks. We appreciate your patience as we've transitioned to the new back-end membership system.
If you have any questions, we've prepared a Frequently Asked Questions page at http://sabr.org/content/frequently-asked-questions. If you can't find your answer there, please contact me at email@example.com or Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming a SABR member, visit SABR.org/join.
This page was last updated August 22, 2012 at 1:01 pm MST.