The program for our annual meeting, “BBRC 4,” is now set. The all-star lineup:
- Former Orioles Ron Hansen, the 1960 AL Rookie of the Year, and catcher Larry Haney will talk about their careers in baseball
- Jane Leavy will discuss her new biography of Babe Ruth, The Big Fella.
- F.X. Flinn, 15-year national treasurer of SABR
- Cappy Gagnon, past president of SABR and former professional bodyguard to the stars
- Charlie Vascellaro will discuss baseball in the U.S. Japanese internment camps during World War II.
- John Burbridge will recount an occasion in Baltimore that affected baseball in a nationally public way.
- Warren Grill, former chef to the Washington Nationals, will recount his time in that position.
- Ken Mars and Dave Stinson will present their current research.
- Dave Stinson will be the Master of Ceremonies.
COST: $39 per person. Please send check or money order to SABR c/o Ken Mars, 3026 Woodside Ave., Baltimore, MD 21234.
Lunch is covered by your registration fee and this year is catered by Mission Barbecue.
Because of an unusually generous donation we have significant Oriole memorabilia and more for the benefit of our annual raffle. Winning raffle ticket numbers will be posted during the meeting.