SABR Analytics Conference
March 8-10, 2019
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Save the date! Join us for the eighth annual SABR Analytics Conference on March 8-10, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. All baseball fans are welcome to attend this exciting event which brings together the top minds in the baseball analytics community. Registration and hotel information for the 2019 SABR Analytics Conference will be available beginning in October 2018.
Submit award nominations: What are the best baseball analytics articles you've read in 2018? We're now seeking nominations for the 2019 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards, which recognize baseball researchers who have completed the best work of original analysis or commentary during the preceding calendar year. Click here for complete details and criteria.
2018 SABR Analytics coverage: Couldn't make it to Arizona for the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference? Check out highlights and clips from the event at SABR.org/analytics/2018. You'll feel like you're wandering through the Hyatt Regency Phoenix with stories and highlights from the great panel discussions and research presentations on our schedule, photo galleries, and much more.
- During the conference, you could follow along on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #SABRanalytics or by reading tweets from our account (@SABR) and from other conference attendees.
- View our photo galleries from each day of the conference at SABR.org/analytics/photos.
About the SABR Analytics Conference
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. While SABR is a multi-faceted organization involved in virtually every aspect of baseball, we have taken a major step to re-connect with our beginnings by producing and hosting the seventh annual SABR Analytics Conference.
Once again, we've brought together the top minds of the baseball analytic community under one roof to discuss, debate and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball.
The schedule consists of a combination of Guest Speakers, Panels, and Research Presentations — plus the unique Diamond Dollars Case Competition, in which undergraduate, graduate and law school students from across the country analyze and present a real baseball operations decision.
You can download the digital program for the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference by clicking here (PDF).
The 2018 SABR Analytics Conference was held Friday, March 9 through Sunday, March 11 at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, 122 N. 2nd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004.
- Click here for biographies of our featured speakers, panelists, and moderators.
- Click here for the full schedule of research presentations, including presenter bios and abstracts.
SABR's long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.
- 2018: For coverage of the 2018 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2017: For coverage of the 2017 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2016: For coverage of the 2016 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2015: For coverage of the 2015 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2014: For coverage of the 2014 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2013: For coverage of the 2013 SABR Analytics Conference, click here
- 2012: For coverage of the inaugural SABR Analytics Conference, click here