SABR Virtual Analytics Conference
March 11-14, 2021
Registration is now open for the SABR Virtual Analytics Conference, presented by Major League Baseball, Rawlings, and Sports Info Solutions, which will be held over four days in online sessions from March 11-14, 2021. We’ll bring together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate, and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball.
- Please note: Online registration will close at 12:00 p.m. MST on Wednesday, March 10. Sign up today to join us!
The Virtual Analytics Conference schedule will consist of research presentations and guest speakers from throughout the baseball analytics community, career development sessions led by experienced sports professionals, and industry networking opportunities — all available online for any aspiring front office executive or baseball fan to attend from the comfort of home.
Students will have opportunities for skill acquisition and development, including sessions on how to work with baseball-related data sets as well as databasing and SQL. Student registration includes a one-year SABR membership ($25 value) and a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value).
We’ll also present the annual Diamond Dollars Virtual Case Competition, where undergraduate, graduate and professional school students from colleges and universities across the country compete against each other by preparing an analysis and presentation of a baseball operations decision — the type of decision a team’s GM and their staff is faced with over the course of a season.
Programming will run on Thursday and Friday evening from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Eastern, all day Saturday from 12:00-7:00 p.m. Eastern, and Sunday afternoon from 1:00-4:45 p.m. EDT.
- Registration: Click here to register for the 2021 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference. Regular registration is $99 for SABR members and $125 for non-members. Please note: Online registration will close at 12:00 p.m. MST on Wednesday, March 10.
- Student Registration: Currently enrolled high school or college students are eligible to attend for a special $50 registration fee. Student registration includes a one-year SABR membership ($25 value) and a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value). Students should email Scott Carter with a photo of their student ID to receive the discounted registration link. Access to Rapsodo online certification course will be delivered after conclusion of the conference.
- Schedule: Click here for the complete schedule of events.
- Featured Speakers: Click here to learn more about our featured speakers and panelists.
- Research Presentations: Click here for research presentation abstract and speaker bios.
- Diamond Dollars Virtual Case Competition: Learn more about the 2021 Diamond Dollars Virtual Case Competition.
- Yoseloff Scholarship: Students, learn more about our Yoseloff Scholarships to attend the SABR Virtual Analytics Conference.
- Research Awards: Click here for the winners of the 2021 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards finalists.
Our featured speakers at the 2021 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference are expected to include:
- Dr. John De Witt, Senior Biomechanist with the Chicago Cubs
- Dr. Glenn Fleisig, Research Director of the American Sports Medicine Institute
- Dr. Ben Hansen, Senior Biomechanical Engineer with the Chicago White Sox
- Brian Kenny, MLB Network host
- Dr. Mike McNally, Biomechanist with the Tampa Bay Rays
- Lonnie Murray, President and CEO of Sports Management Partners
- Burton Rocks, founder of C.L. Rocks Corporation sports agency, author, social media entrepreneur, and sports attorney
- Jay Sartori, Senior Director of Baseball Analytics & Operations with the Detroit Tigers
- Ehsan Bokhari, Senior Director of Player Evaluation, Houston Astros
- Maggie O’Hara, Senior Analyst in Baseball Operations, Detroit Tigers
- Josh Ruffin, Advanced Scouting Analyst, Minnesota Twins
- Eduardo Perez, ESPN analyst and former major-league infielder for 13 seasons
- And more figures from throughout the baseball industry!
Please note: All speakers are subject to change depending on availability.
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR’s long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event. Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters soon!