Frederick Ivor-Campbell 19th Century Base Ball Conference
Registration is now open for the 14th annual SABR Frederick Ivor-Campbell 19th Century Base Ball Conference, which will be held on April 28-29, 2023, at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. All baseball fans are welcome to register for this special event.
The 2023 conference will be highlighted by a keynote address from author Jonathan Popovich, along with a panel discussion on baseball’s 19th-century color line with Richard Hershberger, Peter Mancuso, Brian Sheehy, and moderator Bill Ryczek; a 19th-century artifact session with Robert Mayer, Gary Passamonte, and Popovich; a Member Spotlight interview of Robert Mayer by Bob Bailey; plus research presentations and a Sunday morning vintage baseball game at Doubleday Field.
Note: Space is extremely limited and some research presentations will be double-tracked. On the final page of your registration form, please indicate your preferred choice of Research Presentation for each of the six pairs that are double-tracked.
- Registration: Click here to download the registration form (PDF). Registrations can be accepted by mail only: send BOTH completed 19th Century Base Ball Conference registration forms to: Peter Mancuso, 6970 Ely Road, New Hope, PA 18938. Enclose your personal check for the appropriate amount and make payable to SABR, with “Fred 19cBB Conference” written on the check’s memo line.
- Cost: Conference registration is $90 per person, including the Saturday luncheon. Tickets for the optional Friday evening Welcoming Dinner ($50) and Saturday evening Post-Conference Gathering ($55), both at Templeton Hall, can also be purchased in advance for you or a guest. Anyone who wishes to purchase an extra ticket for a guest to attend the Saturday luncheon only ($35) can also do so.
- RSVP: Please mail your registration form no later than February 28. Registration is limited to the first 100 people to sign up, so please register early!
- Schedule: Click here to view the complete schedule for the 2023 Ivor-Campbell Conference.
- Contact: For questions, or if you miss the registration mailing deadline, contact Peter Mancuso at email@example.com to see if space is still available.
To learn more about the conference, visit SABR.org/ivor-campbell19c