Frederick Ivor-Campbell 19th Century Base Ball Conference
Registration is now open for the 13th annual SABR Frederick Ivor-Campbell 19th Century Base Ball Conference, which will be held on April 29-30, 2022, at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. All baseball fans are welcome to register for this special event.
The 2022 conference will be highlighted by a keynote address from author Thomas Gilbert, along with a panel discussion on owner Chris Von Der Ahe with John Thorn, Tom Hetrick, Dennis Thiessen, and moderator Bill Ryczek; a special presentation by Jonathan Popovich on “A Game of Ball: Reconstructing The Elysian Fields, 1845-1865”; a Member Spotlight interview of Dixie Tourangeau by Bob Bailey; plus research presentations.
Note: Space is extremely limited and some research presentations will be double-tracked. On the final page of your registration form, please indicate your preferred choice of Research Presentation for each of the six pairs that are double-tracked.
- Registration: Click here to download the registration form (PDF). Registrations can be accepted by mail only: send BOTH completed 19th Century Base Ball Conference registration forms to: Peter Mancuso, 6970 Ely Road, New Hope, PA 18938. Enclose your personal check for the appropriate amount and make payable to SABR, with “Fred 19cBB Conference” written on the check’s memo line.
- Cost: Conference registration is $65 per person, including the Saturday luncheon. Tickets for the optional Friday evening Welcoming Dinner ($50) at Templeton Hall and Saturday evening Post-Conference Gathering ($40) at the historic Otesaga Hotel can also be purchased in advance for you or a guest. Anyone who wishes to purchase an extra ticket for a guest to attend the Saturday luncheon only ($35) can also do so.
- Schedule: Click here to view the complete schedule for the 2022 Ivor-Campbell Conference.
- RSVP: Please mail your registration form no later than February 28. Registration is limited to the first 100 people to sign up, so please register early!
For questions, or if you miss the registration mailing deadline, contact Peter Mancuso at email@example.com to see if space is still available.
- Who was Frederick Ivor-Campbell? Learn more about the 2003 Bob Davids Award winner here