Join us in Baltimore to celebrate a special occasion this summer: SABR’s 50th annual convention! We are beyond thrilled to celebrate with you in person.
- Conference and hotel registration for SABR 50 is now available below. Click here for complete details on the SABR 50 All-Inclusive Package, Regular Registration, and optional sessions. Or click here to register for SABR 50.
The annual SABR convention, which is open to all baseball fans, includes top featured speakers from around the baseball world — front office executives, players, managers, scouts, journalists, historians, and analysts — innovative panel discussions, groundbreaking research presentations, ballgames, the SABR Trivia Contest, the Awards Luncheon, and most of all, the opportunity to make and renew baseball friendships over the course of this exciting and memorable event.
This event is well worth the wait, and we already have an All-Star lineup of featured speakers and exciting events planned, including:
- Keynote address by Tim Kurkjian, winner of the BBWAA’s 2022 Career Excellence Award
- Opening Remarks by Sig Mejdal, Vice President and Assistant General Manager, Analytics, Baltimore Orioles
- One-on-One with Baltimore Orioles legend Boog Powell, interviewed by Dan Connolly of The Athletic
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards panel with Bill Stetka (Orioles Team Historian), Greg Bader (Orioles Senior Vice President, Administration & Experience), and Joe Spear (founder of Populous)
- Women in Leadership panel with Orioles executives Eve Rosenbaum (Assistant General Manager, Baseball Operations), Nicole Sherry (Director, Field Operations), Jennifer Grondahl (Senior Vice President, Community Development & Communications), and Lisa Tolson (Senior Vice President, Human Resources)
- SABR Ballparks panel with former Orioles president Larry Lucchino and acclaimed ballpark design director Janet Marie Smith
- Babe Ruth panel with authors Jane Leavy (The Big Fella), Bill Jenkinson (The Year Babe Ruth Hit 104 Home Runs), and Mike Gibbons, Director Emeritus and Historian for the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum
- Historic Ballparks Bus Tour on Thursday, August 18
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox game on Friday, August 19
Stay tuned for more speakers and panelists to be announced soon! Please note: All speakers are subject to change due to availability.
The Hyatt Regency hotel sits on the waterfront at the majestic Inner Harbor and is conveniently located within walking distance from Camden Yards, home of the Baltimore Orioles. Our host hotel is also close to many area museums, historic landmarks, and other attractions like the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum, the Peabody Heights Brewery, and the National Aquarium.
Click on a link below for more information about SABR 50.
SABR 50 information
- Registration: Click here for complete information on the SABR 50 All-Inclusive Package, Regular Registration, and optional sessions. Or click here to register for SABR 50! We’re again offering a special All-Inclusive Package for the annual SABR convention. For the $335 all-inclusive rate, SABR members can get:
— Full registration to SABR 50 in Baltimore (regular rate: $275)
— 1 seated ticket in the Eutaw Street Bleachers section to the Orioles vs. Red Sox game on Friday, August 19 at Camden Yards ($27 value)
— 1 ticket to the Awards Luncheon on Thursday, August 18 ($75 value)
— 1 ticket to the Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening, August 17
— 1 exclusive SABR 50 convention logo lapel pin
Non-members can pay $365 for the All-Inclusive Package; the deadline to register is Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Hotel: The special SABR group rate at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor of $199/night plus tax (single/double occupancy) is only available to registered convention attendees. After you register for the SABR 50 convention, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with details on how to book your hotel room at the SABR group rate. There are a limited number of rooms in our group block, so be sure to register for SABR 50 early!
- Schedule: Click here to find the full daily schedule for SABR 50.
- Speakers: Click here to learn more about our featured speakers and panelists.
- Presentations: Click here for the lineup of SABR 50 research presentations.
- Posters: Click here to learn more about SABR 50 poster presentations.
- Committee Meetings: Click here to learn more about SABR 50 committee meetings.
- Exhibitors Room: Click here to learn more about our SABR 50 Exhibitors Room.
- Awards Luncheon: SABR will host a special Awards Luncheon on Thursday, August 18 at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor in Baltimore. The Awards Luncheon, which includes a meal, will feature the announcement of SABR’s annual awards — including the Bob Davids Award, our highest honor. One ticket to the Awards Luncheon is included in the All-Inclusive Package or guest tickets are available for $75 when you register for SABR 50. Please select your meal choice — Braised Beef Short Rib, Herb Seared Organic Chicken Breast, Roasted Mushroom Ravioli, or Kosher ($26 extra) — when you register. All meals include entree and side, salad, dessert, iced tea/coffee. If you have any other special dietary considerations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Historic Ballparks Bus Tour: From 4:00-6:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 18, SABR 50 attendees can join us for a Historic Ballparks Bus Tour through Baltimore to see the former sites of six major-league stadiums, including walking on the field at old Memorial Stadium and a stop inside Peabody Heights Brewery, the site of old Oriole Park. Cost: $15 per person when you register for SABR 50. Click here to learn more about the tour. (Note: If you have already registered for SABR 50 and wish to add a Historic Ballparks Bus Tour ticket to your registration package, please contact Jessica Smyth.)
- Vaccination policy: Attendees for the SABR 50 convention in Baltimore must provide official documentation of COVID-19 vaccination. Please refer to the CDC’s guidance on accepted vaccines and dosages. After registering, you may upload a photo or digital copy of your vaccination record to expedite your conference check-in. These records will be stored securely and privately by SABR staff. If a record is not shared via email prior to the event, a copy of your vaccination record MUST be presented in person in order to gain access to the event.
Get your copy of The National Pastime convention journal
All SABR 50 attendees will receive a souvenir print edition of The National Pastime, our annual convention journal, focusing on baseball in the minor leagues. All SABR members, whether you attend the convention or not, will receive the e-book edition of The National Pastime in their inboxes later this summer. Click here to register for SABR 50.
Pre-order your SABR 50 convention logo shirts, caps, or souvenir baseballs
- Polo shirt: $35
- T-shirt: $20
- Baseball cap: $30
(Each item will feature the SABR 50 convention logo)
Avoid the rush at registration and pre-order your SABR 50 convention logo polo shirt, T-shirt, or baseball cap online! Deadline to pre-order: Friday, July 15, 2022. Please indicate shirt size (adult S to XXXL) when you register. Items will be available to be picked up when you arrive at the SABR convention. (Sorry, we cannot mail out any pre-ordered items after the convention.) Caps are one-size-fit-most.
To guarantee that you get a SABR 50 convention logo shirt or cap, please place your order online by Friday, July 15.
To purchase apparel and other items with SABR’s regular logo at any time, visit our online merch store at Cafepress.
All guests must adhere to SABR’s Event Code of Conduct at all times. We are dedicated to maintaining an open, inclusive environment at all SABR events.