From Mike Lynch at Baseball-Reference.com on September 4, 2015:
As you explore Baseball-Reference, you may notice a bit of a re-imagining of how we are now presenting non-MLB statistics on the site. Where we once had fragmented sections for player stats in various non-Major leagues (minors, Japan, Cuba, etc), we have now combined everything into a single page showing the player’s professional history. This new page presents all of a player’s career statistics on one page and makes it easier than ever to track a player’s career trajectory and journey in one place. On player pages where is used to say “minors” it now lists a variety of levels at which the player played (like in the below image from Minnie Minoso’s page). Clicking that link will lead you to a listing of that player’s career at every level of play.
Through these pages, you can now find statistics for the following levels of play:
- MLB since 1871
- Complete affiliated Minor Leagues back to 1877
- Negro Leagues from 1902-1960
- Japanese baseball from 1936 to present
- KBO baseball since 1982
- Cuban National Series from 1961-2014
- Arizona Fall League since 1992
- Coverage of various Winter Leagues back to 2003 (and also 2000, 1999 and 1997)
- Various independent leagues as far back at the late 19th century
Read the full article here: http://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2015/09/introducing-the-baseball-reference-register/
Originally published: September 4, 2015. Last Updated: September 4, 2015.