Behind the Numbers: Baseball SABR Style on SiriusXM, a radio show launched in 2015 and hosted by former SABR Board President Vince Gennaro, is moving to Saturdays. Tune in during the offseason at 4:00-5:00 p.m. ET on Saturdays and listen to the show on MLB Network Radio.
You can also listen to all recent episodes on-demand on the SiriusXM Internet Radio app.
Behind the Numbers: Baseball SABR Style on SiriusXM focuses on examining and interpreting the statistical analysis that plays a critical role in baseball today. It airs weekly throughout the year on MLB Network Radio, available to subscribers nationwide on XM channel 89, Sirius channel 209, and on the SiriusXM Internet Radio App. For more information, click here.
Check out video clips and highlights from the show at MLB.com:
- Travis Sawchik discusses if Max Scherzer has surpassed Clayton Kershaw (June 29, 2017)
- Bill Petti talks about using Statcast to predict hits (January 30, 2017)
- Eno Sarris breaks down the best pitches of 2016 (January 17, 2017)
- Sweeny Murti discusses expectations for Yankees’ Gary Sanchez in 2017 (December 13, 2016)
- Sweeny Murti evaluates risks in the length of Aroldis Chapman’s contract (December 13, 2016)
- Barry Bloom joins Vince Gennaro to discuss the 2016 World Series (November 7, 2016)
- Eno Sarris discusses increased bullpen usage in the 2016 postseason (November 7, 2016)
- Anthony Castrovince breaks down the Indians’ dominant rotation (September 7, 2016)
- Mike Petriello’s research has Billy Hamilton’s grab tops in 2016 (August 30, 2016)
- August Fagerstrom on Royals bullpen keying playoff push (August 30, 2016)
- Ben Jedlovec of Baseball Info Solutions discusses shifting in baseball (August 18, 2016)
- Vince Gennaro breaks down the AL West playoff race (July 28, 2016)
- Alex Chamberlain of FanGraphs discusses the xBABIP formula (July 28, 2016)
- Jim Callis of MLB.com recaps the 2016 amateur draft (June 20, 2016)
- Vince Gennaro talks about how we define the word ‘clutch’ (June 20, 2016)
- T.J. Quinn of ESPN discusses PED usage and detection in baseball (June 10, 2016)
- Eno Sarris of FanGraphs discusses the early performances of Matt Harvey and Marcus Stroman (May 25, 2016)
- MLB Plus host Daron Sutton talks about the new Statcast broadcast (May 12, 2016)
- Andrew Perpetua discusses how Statcast can measure offense (May 12, 2016)
- Craig Edwards of FanGraphs discusses Aledmys Diaz’s hot start (May 2, 2016)
- Owen Watson of FanGraphs discusses Nolan Arenado’s dominance (April 26, 2016)
- Owen Watson discusses how Kenta Maeda reminds him of Fernandomania (April 26, 2016)
- Vince Gennaro discusses how the Indians’ pitching and hitting have impressed (April 20, 2016)
- Ken Rosenthal, Eric Byrnes, and Vince Gennaro discuss Joey Votto’s offensive strategy (March 29, 2016)
- Brian Kenny and Ken Rosenthal discuss Statcast and what’s next for baseball analytics (March 29, 2016)
- Dallas Braden, Aaron Boone, and Eno Sarris discuss advanced metrics at the SABR Analytics Conference (March 15, 2016)
- Baseball Prospectus’s Russell Carleton on going to the bullpen early (March 7, 2016)
- Tracking the usage of defensive shifts in MLB, with Ben Jedlovec of Baseball Info Solutions (March 1, 2016)
Originally published: November 4, 2016. Last Updated: June 18, 2020.