The SABR Northwest Chapter's annual spring meeting is scheduled for Saturday, April 27, 2019, at Seattle Pacific University in Seattle. It will run from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m., and all baseball fans are welcome to join us at any time during the meeting. After the meeting, we'll attend the Mariners game at 6:05 p.m.
We will meet in the Ames Library seminar room. The Ames Library is at 3307 3rd Ave. West, Seattle WA 98119. The seminar room is on the second floor.
Here is some logistical driving/parking assistance from our resident SPU host, Professor Bill Woodward: "Access free parking from W Dravus St, three blocks south from the traffic signal at 3rd W and W Nickerson, as shown at http://spu.edu/info/maps/index.asp (Lot #45). The Ames Library is immediately adjacent (Bldg #14); the Seminar Room is on the 2nd floor."
Here is the tentative agenda:
- Call to Order; Announcements, Introductions
- Ryan Divish - Q&A with the Seattle Times’ Mariners Beat Writer
- Michael Schwab – End of an Era: September 29, 1957
- Dave Herman – Almost Yankees: The Summer of '81 and the Greatest Baseball Team You've Never Heard Of
- Shawn Hennessy – Trading Flannels: From Pros to Joes
- T-Mobile Park – Texas Rangers v. Seattle Mariners
Bob Russon has offered to try to secure a group of tickets together at the Mariners game that night, so that SABR members can sit together. Those tickets would be $28 each. Bob will only purchase these tickets if enough SABR members will commit to buying them. If you would like to commit to a ticket in our SABR section, please contact Bob Russon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any other questions, please contact me below.
— Tip Wonhoff