Retrosheet announces Fall 2018 updates
By David W. Smith
It is with great pleasure that I announce the semiannual update to the Retrosheet website for Fall 2018. There are some new files and many others have been updated. Here is a summary.
1. The 2018 event files are now available including all regular season and post-season games, along with the All-Star Game.
2. Deduced games have been completed for 1937 and 1938 thanks to the continuing great work by Tom Thress, Dick, Cramer, Rob Wood, Jim Herdman, Jim Wohlenhaus and John Gabcik. This crew is now hard at work on 1936 as we continue our relentless retro-progression (surely a strange term!) That means we now have available at least a deduced version of every play of every game for the past 82 seasons.
3. Of course, individual player pages and career totals have been updated as well, including biographical details, the latter thanks to Bill Carle of the SABR Biographical Research Committee.
4. Tom Ruane has continued leading the way on the very demanding work of constructing Deadball Era box scores. We now display box score files back to 1906. Tom notes the assistance of Dave Lamoureaux, Jonathan Frankel, Rob Wood, Ian Orr, Herm Krabbenhoft, Mike Grahek, Sheldon Miller, Don Zminda, Tom Thress, J.G. Preston, Charles Saeger, Sean Lahman and Pete Palmer.
5. Our list of Batting Out of Turn incidents (BOOT) has been expanded thanks to some new work by Rob Wood in unearthing details. Webmaster Mark Pankin has prepared detailed accounts of these events and posted them on our site.
Thanks to all for your continued interest in Retrosheet. It is a delight to be able to make this material available!
SABR member DAVID W. SMITH is the founder and president of Retrosheet. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated November 19, 2018 at 11:34 am MST.