The SABR Bookshelf: Fall 2017
Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Fall 2017:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to email@example.com.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks (free for SABR members!)
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Sportsman's Park in St. Louis: Home to the Browns and Cardinals at Grand and Dodier, edited by Gregory H. Wolf
- 20-Game Losers, edited by Bill Nowlin and Emmet R. Nowlin
- The Call, by Laurie Boris
- Don't Blame the Knuckleballer II: More Baseball Legends, Myths, Stories, and Trivia, by K.P. Wee
- St. Louis Browns: The Story of a Beloved Team, by Bill Borst, Bill Rogers, and Ed Wheatley
- No Bull: The Real Story of the Rebirth of a Team and a City, by Ron Morris
- Clutch, by Heather Camlot
- The New Boys of Summer: Baseball's Radical Transformation in the Late Sixties, by Paul Hensler
- National Pastime: U.S. History Through Baseball, by Martin C. Babicz and Thomas W. Zeiler
- Fate's Take-Out Slide: A Baseball Scout Recalls Can't-Miss Prospects Who Did, by George Genovese with Dan Taylor
- Baseball on the Brink: The Crisis of 1968, by William J. Ryczek
- Player Won-Lost Records in Baseball, Measuring Performance in Context, by Tom Thress
- Black Baseball in New York City: An Illustrated History, 1885-1959, by Larry Lester
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
This page was last updated November 21, 2017 at 2:08 pm MST.