The SABR Bookshelf: Fall 2018
Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Fall 2018:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Met-rospectives: A Collection of the Greatest Games in New York Mets History, edited by Brian Wright and Bill Nowlin
- The Big Fella: Babe Ruth and the World He Created, by Jane Leavy
- Power Ball: Anatomy of a Modern Baseball Game, by Rob Neyer
- Now Taking the Field: Baseball's All-Time Dream Teams for All 30 Franchises, by Thomas Stone
- Young John McGraw Of Truxton, by Tony Kissel
- New York Yankees Openers, by Lyle Spatz
- Manager of Giants: The Tactics, Temper, and True Record of John McGraw, by Lou Hernandez
- Baseball and American Culture: A History, by John P. Rossi
- Game Faces: Early Baseball Cards from the Library of Congress, by Peter Devereaux
- Baseball Goes West: The Dodgers, the Giants, and the Shaping of the Major Leagues, by Lincoln A. Mitchell
- Insight Pitch: My Life as a Major League Closer, by Skip Lockwood
- An October to Remember 1968: The Tigers-Cardinals World Series as Told by the Men Who Played in It, by Brendan Donley
- Ballpark 2 Ballpark: Journey Through the Minor Leagues, by John and Vicki Hoppin
- Cuba and the “Last" Baseball Season, by José I. Ramirez
- The Run Don't Count: The Life and Times of Frank Chance and His 1908 Chicago Cubs, by Herb Gould
- Four Decades of Seattle Mariner Baseball, by Shawn Eckhart
- Hardball Retroactive, by Derek Bain
- Principle of the Curve, Second Inning, by Anika Orrock
- Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs: A Reference Guide, Second Edition, by Ron Keurajian
- Phinally! The Phillies, the Royals and the 1980 Baseball Season That Almost Wasn’t, by J. Daniel
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
This page was last updated November 19, 2018 at 1:59 pm MST.