SABR’s Ninteenth Century Committee is excited to announce a monthly series of virtual research presentations via Zoom. All SABR members are invited to attend.
The 19cBB Speaker Series will initially consist of research presentations presented at the Frederick Ivor-Campbell 19th Century Base Ball Conference (“The Fred”). These informative talks will be re-presented each second Tuesday of the month through May 2021. The starting time for each session will be 8:00 p.m. ET and they will run for one hour.
Click on a link below to watch a replay of these talks on YouTube:
- October 13, 2020: Jon Popovich, “Boots, Saddles & Baseballs: Major Benteen at the Little Big Horn”
(click here to view Jon’s PowerPoint slides)
- November 10: Joanne Hulbert, “I Never Thought I’d Miss ‘Tricky Nick’: 19th-Century Nicknames”
(click here to view Joanne’s PowerPoint slides)
- December 8: Bill Humber, “A Thoroughly Modern Ballplayer: The Imaginative, Illicit and Improbable Life of Bob Addy”
- January 12, 2021: Tom Shieber: “Around the World with A.G. Spalding: The Mystery of an 1888-89 Tourist’s Diary”
- February 9: Don Jensen, “Baseball Fans Must Eat: The Life & Times of Harry Stevens, Hot Dog King”
- March 9: Jerry Casway, “Before Greenberg there was (Lipman) Pike”
- April 13: TBA
- May 11: TBA
Click here to sign up for Nineteenth Century Committee email announcements to receive the Zoom meeting details. Virtual space is limited to approximately 100 attendees.