SABR Virtual Analytics Conference
March 11-14, 2021
The SABR Virtual Analytics Conference, presented by Major League Baseball, Rawlings, and Sports Info Solutions, will be held over four days in online sessions from March 11-14, 2021. We’ll bring together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate, and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball.
- Please note: Online registration is now closed. Stay tuned for more highlights and clips after the conclusion of the event.
- If you are registered for the conference and did not receive an email with the Zoom link on Thursday morning, or need any other help during the conference, please contact email@example.com.
The Virtual Analytics Conference schedule will consist of research presentations and guest speakers from throughout the baseball analytics community, career development sessions led by experienced sports professionals, and industry networking opportunities — all available online for any aspiring front office executive or baseball fan to attend from the comfort of home. Students will have opportunities for skill acquisition and development, including sessions on how to work with baseball-related data sets as well as databasing and SQL.
Programming will run on Thursday and Friday evening from 6:30-9:00 p.m. Eastern, all day Saturday from 12:00-7:00 p.m. Eastern, and Sunday afternoon from 1:00-4:45 p.m. EDT.
Our featured speakers at the 2021 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference are expected to include:
- Dr. John De Witt, Senior Biomechanist with the Chicago Cubs
- Dr. Glenn Fleisig, Research Director of the American Sports Medicine Institute
- Dr. Ben Hansen, Senior Biomechanical Engineer with the Chicago White Sox
- Brian Kenny, MLB Network host
- Dr. Mike McNally, Biomechanist with the Tampa Bay Rays
- Lonnie Murray, President and CEO of Sports Management Partners
- Burton Rocks, founder of C.L. Rocks Corporation sports agency, author, social media entrepreneur, and sports attorney
- Jay Sartori, Senior Director of Baseball Analytics & Operations with the Detroit Tigers
- Ehsan Bokhari, Senior Director of Player Evaluation, Houston Astros
- Maggie O’Hara, Senior Analyst in Baseball Operations, Detroit Tigers
- Josh Ruffin, Advanced Scouting Analyst, Minnesota Twins
- Eduardo Perez, ESPN analyst and former major-league infielder for 13 seasons
- And more figures from throughout the baseball industry!
Please note: All speakers are subject to change depending on availability.
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR’s long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event. Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters soon!