SABR Analytics Conference
March 8-10, 2024
ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus
Beus Center for Law and Society
111 E. Taylor St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Registration is now open for the SABR Analytics Conference, which will be held in person from March 8-10, 2024, at the Beus Center for Law and Society on Arizona State University’s Downtown Phoenix Campus in Phoenix, Arizona. Register today to join us!
We’ll bring together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate, and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball. Click here to view the full conference schedule.
The Analytics Conference schedule consists of research presentations and guest speakers from throughout the baseball analytics community, career development sessions led by experienced sports professionals, and industry networking opportunities — all available for any aspiring front office executive or baseball fan to attend. Students will have opportunities for skill acquisition and development, including sessions on how to work with baseball-related data sets as well as databasing and SQL.
General sessions will be held in person on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10 at the Beus Center for Law and Society in downtown Phoenix. General Session registration includes access to all programming held at the Beus Center for Law and Society, including research presentations, panel discussions, Friday evening networking reception, a boxed lunch on Friday and Saturday afternoon, and coffee talks on Saturday and Sunday morning. Students will have two registration options, virtual or in-person, with both including access to the General Session on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10, and a student-only virtual session on Thursday, March 7.
- Registration: Click here to register for the 2024 SABR Analytics Conference. Registration is $545 for SABR members, $645 for non-members, and $150 for currently enrolled high school or college students. Student-only virtual registration is $50. Students should email Scott Carter with a photo of their student ID to receive the discounted registration link.
- Student Registration: Students should email Scott Carter with a photo of their student ID to receive a special link to register at a discounted rate. Students have the option of choosing virtual ($50) or in-person ($150) registration. Both include access to General Session panels and presentations on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10, and a student-only virtual session on Thursday, March 7. All student registrations also include a one-year SABR membership ($25 value) and a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value). SABR membership will be fulfilled after event sign-up and access to Rapsodo course will be delivered after the conference.
- Schedule: Click here to view the full conference schedule.
- Featured Speakers: Click here to learn more about our Featured Speakers.
- Research Presentations: Click here to learn more about the Research Presentations.
- Certification Courses: The first three courses in the online, on-demand SABR Analytics Certification program, including the newest offering Level Three – Introduction to Baseball Programming, are available now. Click here to learn more or to sign up.
- Suggested Hotels: As the conference will be hosted at ASU’s Downtown Phoenix Campus, there is not a designated partner hotel or room block. In-person conference attendees are free to make their own lodging arrangements. For those making plans to join us in Downtown Phoenix, here are several hotel options that are within walking distance to the host venue:
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR’s long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.
Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters soon!