SABR Analytics Conference
March 8-10, 2024
ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus
Beus Center for Law and Society
111 E. Taylor St.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Early registration is now open for the SABR Analytics Conference, which will be held in person from March 8-10, 2024, at the Beus Center for Law and Society on Arizona State University’s Downtown Phoenix Campus in Phoenix, Arizona.
We’ll bring together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate, and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball. Register today to join us!
The Analytics Conference schedule consists of research presentations and guest speakers from throughout the baseball analytics community, career development sessions led by experienced sports professionals, and industry networking opportunities — all available for any aspiring front office executive or baseball fan to attend. Students will have opportunities for skill acquisition and development, including sessions on how to work with baseball-related data sets as well as databasing and SQL.
General sessions will be held in person on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10 at the Beus Center for Law and Society in downtown Phoenix. General Session registration includes access to all programming held at the Beus Center for Law and Society, including research presentations, panel discussions, Friday evening networking reception, a boxed lunch on Friday and Saturday afternoon, and coffee talks on Saturday and Sunday morning. Students will have two registration options, virtual or in-person, with both including access to the General Session on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10, and a student-only virtual session on Thursday, March 7.
The Diamond Dollars Case Competition will be held at the Beus Center for Law and Society on the morning of Friday, March 8. Four- to five-person student teams are asked to evaluate a baseball operations case problem. The student team presents their analysis and recommendations to a panel of judges that includes MLB front office executives.
- Registration: Click here to register for the 2024 SABR Analytics Conference. Early-bird registration is $395 for SABR members, $495 for non-members, and $150 for currently enrolled high school or college students. Student-only virtual registration is $50. Students should email Scott Carter with a photo of their student ID to receive the discounted registration link.
- Student Registration: Students should email Scott Carter with a photo of their student ID to receive a special link to register at a discounted rate. Students have the option of choosing virtual ($50) or in-person ($150) registration. Both include access to General Session panels and presentations on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10, and a student-only virtual session on Thursday, March 7. All student registrations also include a one-year SABR membership ($25 value) and a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value). SABR membership will be fulfilled after event sign-up and access to Rapsodo course will be delivered after the conference.
- Research Presentations: Present your baseball research at the 2024 SABR Analytics Conference. Deadline to submit an abstract: November 22, 2023.
- Diamond Dollars Case Competition: Click here to register your team for the 2024 Diamond Dollars Case Competition. Registration is $1,750 per team, which includes admission to all SABR Analytics Conference sessions and a one-year SABR membership for each participant.
- Yoseloff Scholarship: Students, apply now for a Yoseloff Scholarship to attend the 2024 SABR Analytics Conference. Deadline: December 31, 2023.
- Sarah Langs Women in Baseball Analytics Scholarship: Awarded annually to two recipients, this scholarship will provide meaningful professional development and networking opportunities for female identifying students or young professionals pursuing a career in baseball analytics and data science. Deadline: December 31, 2023. Click here to download an application or learn more.
- Research Awards: We’re seeking nominations for the 2024 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards. Deadline: December 31, 2023.
- Certification Courses: The first three courses in the online, on-demand SABR Analytics Certification program, including the newest offering Level Three – Introduction to Baseball Programming, are available now. Click here to learn more or to sign up.
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR’s long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.
Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters soon!