Peter C. Bjarkman (1941-2018) is the author of more than 40 books on sports history, including academic histories, coffee-table pictorials, and biographies for young adults. Best known as the leading authority on post-revolution Cuban League baseball, he has also helped to shape our understanding of the long, often difficult interaction between baseball in Latin America and Major League Baseball. His 2007 book, A History of Cuban Baseball, 1864-2006 is the definitive work on the subject. His most recent work is Cuba’s Baseball Defectors: The Inside Story.
- Read John Thorn’s profile of Peter C. Bjarkman in the Spring 2017 Baseball Research Journal
- Get your copy of SABR’s Cuban Baseball Legends: Baseball’s Alternative Universe, edited by Peter C. Bjarkman and Bill Nowlin
- Read “Fidel Castro and Baseball” by Peter C. Bjarkman at the SABR BioProject
- Read Peter C. Bjarkman’s articles for the SABR BioProject and The National Pastime
- Watch the Latino Baseball Authors Panel with Peter C. Bjarkman from SABR 46 in Miami
- In Memoriam: Peter C. Bjarkman, 1941-2018