Northwest Chapter meeting recap – 11/5/2016
About 30 people attended the SABR Northwest Chapter meeting on Saturday, November 5, 2016, at Seattle Pacific University in Seattle, Washington. It was a successful meeting with lively discussion among many participants.
All attendees were from the Seattle area, excepting myself. (Our chapter is an outlier in that we have a huge geographical footprint; meetings taking place along the I-5 corridor, attended by a fraction of total membership. Although we have a small number of active members, we also have some of the most active and involved members in the national organization.)
Our presenters were:
- Emily Hawks and Anthony Salazar, “Introduction to SABR’s Diversity Committee”
- Luke Arkins, Prospect Insider, “Challenges Facing the 2017 Seattle Mariners”
- Jack Peters, “A Kid Remembers the Rockford Peaches”
- Tim Herlich, “The Four-Home Run Club”
- Bruce Baskin, “Anonymous Heroes: Seattle Rainiers Baseball in the 1970s”
Afterward, we adjourned to the nearby Nickerson Street Saloon.
Our next meeting is scheduled for 2017 SABR Day on either Saturday, January 28 or Sunday, January 29, 2017 (details TBA). We’ll also have a booth at the Seattle Mariners FanFest event that weekend.
— Bob Russon