The Rocky Mountain Chapter will gather April 30 for a meeting at the Blake Street Tavern at 11 a.m. and a Rockies-Pirates game at Coors Field at 7:10 p.m.
The Rocky Mountain Chapter will gather for a day-night event April 30 in Denver, Colorado.
The event begins at 9 a.m. with the chapter board meeting in the tailgate room at the Blake Street Tavern, 2301 Blake St. It is open to all chapter members.
At 11 a.m., the spring chapter meeting begins in the same location. A panel discussion, moderated by Nick Wilson, is expected to include:
- Carroll Hardy: An outfielder in professional baseball from 1955-67, including major league stints with Cleveland, Boston, Houston and Minnesota from 1958-67.
- Herb Plews: An infielder in professional baseball from 1950-65, including major league action with Washington and Boston from 1956-59.
- Herb Shankman: Left-handed pitcher with the Braves organization from 1951-56.
- Bob Meisner: Infielder with the New York Yankees and Minnesota Twins organizations from 1953-62.
- Alan Norris: Signed by the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1956 as a utility infielder and outfielder, and played professionally from 1956-64 for the Dodgers organization. He did not play in the major leagues.
The group also hopes to have a featured speaker to speak about the importance of the 1950s. (All speakers are subject to change.)
Later that night, members will attend the Rockies-Pirates game at Coors Field, as a fundraiser for the Rocky Mountain Chapter. First pitch is at 7:10 p.m.
Please send cash or check for $20 per ticket to:
5803 Orchard Creek Lane
Boulder, CO 80301
Check out all chapter events on SABRNation.