This article was written by No items found
This article was published in Spring 2019 Baseball Research Journal
Find supplemental research for Herm Krabbenhoft’s BRJ article on Ty Cobb’s hit total and lifetime batting average.This is the online appendix for Herm Krabbenhoft’s “How Many Hits Did Ty Cobb Make in His Major League Career? What Is His Lifetime Batting Average?”
The file includes the following appendices:
- Appendix 1: Changes in Ty Cobb’s At-Bats and Hits Due to Corrections of Errors in the Official Day-By-Day Records for the 1906, 1910, and 1912 Seasons
- Appendix 2: Changes in Ty Cobb’s At Bats Due to Corrections of Errors in the Official Day-By-Day Records for the Games on May 26, 1910, and August 10, 1910.
- Appendix 3: Changes in Ty Cobb’s At-Bats Due to Corrections of Errors in the Official Day-By-Day Records for the 1905, 1911, 1913, 1916, and 1919 Seasons
- Appendix 4: The Boston Post and the Boston Journal “Scorecard” Summaries for the Game at Boston on May 15, 1908.
- Appendix 5: Official Scoring Rules for Times at Bat and Sacrifice Hits Before and After 1908.
- Appendix 6: Transcribed Box Scores Presented in the Game Accounts Provided in Various Newspapers for the Detroit at Boston Game on May 15, 1908.