From Colin Mixson and Bill Sanderson at the New York Post on November 7, 2011:
They’ve been gone from New York for 54 years, but they haven’t forgotten us.
A $50,000 donation from the San Francisco Giants is helping the city Parks Department rebuild the last remaining bit of the Polo Grounds, the storied ballpark.
Work is now under way on the $950,000 rebuilding of a stairway that runs from Edgecombe Avenue near 158th Street down to parkland on the western edge of Harlem River Drive, near the old ballpark site.
The stairway has a plaque in the middle honoring John T. Brush, who became lead owner of the New York Giants in 1902 and bought the baseball team outright in 1903.
Read the full article here: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/giants_tep_oVyC2TgF0Xim9tmo3Me4yL
Originally published: November 11, 2011. Last Updated: November 11, 2011.