From SABR member Kevin Johnson at Seamheads.com on March 8, 2018:
We at Seamheads.com are proud to announce another new update of the Seamheads.com MLB Ballparks Database, created by Seamheads.com co-founder Kevin Johnson and designed for the Internet by Dan Hirsch, fellow Seamhead and founder of TheBaseballGauge.com. And this year’s version includes fantastic new data!
The database includes data through the 2017 season, Home/Away and LH/RH splits for 1908-1910, and every no-hitter from 1900-present. The following is what you’ll find:
- Descriptive data that includes location, date of first and last game (if applicable), number of seasons and games played, seating capacity, field dimensions, wall heights, playing surfaces, area of fair and foul ground, distance from the plate to the backstop, latitude, longitude, altitude, comments about structural or rules changes and current and historic aerial views.
- Ballpark factors for Runs for every year since 1871.
- Home run splits for every year since 1876.
- Full ballpark factors and splits for home runs, hits, singles, doubles, triples, walks and strikeouts dating back to 1908.
- Partial ballpark factors for years prior to 1908.
- Park events for 45 defunct ballparks, including First and Last games, starting pitchers, batters and their results, hits, runs, RBIs, home runs, strikeouts, winning and losing pitchers, grand slams, inside-the-park home runs, no-hitters, and trivia. (Note: Not all venues are 100% complete and some information is missing until further review and future updates).
- Park events for all 30 current ballparks, including First games, starting pitchers, batters and their results, hits, runs, RBIs, home runs, strikeouts, winning and losing pitchers, grand slams, inside-the-park home runs, no-hitters, and trivia.
- Every official no-hitter from 1900-present. Each no-hitter page includes the pitcher, teams, score, opposing starter, home plate umpire, pitching line, and notes and trivia. Pitching lines include the usual like walks, strikeouts, hit batters, etc., but more current no-hitters also include pitch counts, strikes looking, swinging strikes, grounders, flies, line drives, and popups.
Learn more about the Seamheads MLB Ballparks Database: http://www.seamheads.com/ballparks/index.php
Originally published: March 8, 2018. Last Updated: March 8, 2018.