Cubaball, organized by SABR member Kit Krieger, will conduct its 11th annual baseball tour of Cuba from January 22-30, 2013.
The program includes attendance at five or six games of the Cuban National Series, visits to historic sites related to the rich history of baseball on the island (La Tropical Stadium and the baseball monuments at Havana’s Cristobal Colon cemetery), and opportunities to meet with Cuban stars and league officials.
The highlight of each tour is our visit to the home of Conrado “Connie” Marrero, who at 101 years young is baseball’s oldest living major leaguer. We also meet with veterans of the fabled Havana Sugar Kings and pre-revolutionary Cuban winter league.
The tour package includes:
- 8 nights accommodation at historic 4- to 5-star hotels in Havana and 3- to 4-star hotels in outlying cities, with daily breakfast, as determined by the baseball schedule
- The final itinerary will be set upon release of the 2012/13 Cuban National Series baseball schedule
- Best seats for all National Series games
- All activities, speakers, meetings and admissions as specified in the itinerary
- Expert Cuban and English-speaking tour guide
- Deluxe air-conditioned motor coach
- Airport transfers as available
The tour is limited to 25 persons and places are quickly filled. For more information and to register, visit http://www.prime-travel.com/cubaball_form_submit.asp or contact me at email@example.com.
— Kit Krieger
Originally published: October 16, 2012. Last Updated: October 16, 2012.