SABR is looking for someone to maintain the daily editorial content for SABR.org.
The web editor/producer for SABR will be responsible for maintaining the editorial content on a daily basis for the new SABR.org site. Looking for a self-starter who is innovative and creative in addition to being very organized and detail oriented.
The SABR web editor/producer should have:
- Experience working for a media company, team, league or sports organization
- Very strong sports editorial background (writing and editing)
- Strong production skills
- Well versed in historical and current knowledge of baseball. Has a real passion for the game
- Good judgment when it comes to recognizing and prioritizing stories
- Ability to generate ideas and put together creative editorial packages
- Strong technical web skills:
- Comfortable with basic HTML for text — br, ul/ol, span tags and classes.
- Ability to do basic image editing — cropping, resizing, levels adjustment, white balance, output sharpening, saving images in proper formats for web use (choosing format and compression level as appropriate).
- Ability to post threads and lead high level baseball discussions and chats within the SABR online community
- Experience working with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to work closely with the SABR team, SABR members, and media and baseball partners
- Willingness to be an integral part of the SABR team to develop and execute partnership opportunities within the baseball community and create initiatives to build the SABR membership base
Send resumes to Marc Appleman at email@example.com.
Originally published: January 3, 2011. Last Updated: January 3, 2011.