Fred Wood

This article was written by Martin Lacoste

Fred Wood (BASEBALL-REFERENCE.COM)“Dr. Frederick L. Wood, Dentist, Dies Suddenly” announced the London (Ontario) Free Press on November 18, 1935.1 The obituary for the “well-known dentist” amounts to one unassuming paragraph. 2 Surprisingly, it makes no mention of his many and varied accomplishments in sports — including 13 games in major-league baseball in 1884-85 — music, and the community. Here then, as famed radio broadcaster Paul Harvey might say, is the “rest of the story.”

Frederick Llewellyn Wood was born, possibly, on July 21, 1861.3 His birthplace was Dundas, Ontario, a town five miles west of Hamilton which has since amalgamated to form part of the Hamilton metropolitan area.

Fred was the second of four children. His father was John Frederick Wood, a prominent Hamilton financier, and the son of “an Irish-American farmer who had immigrated to the Niagara District shortly after the War of 1812.”4 His mother was Marietta Vinton, the daughter of a carpenter from Monroe County, New York, who brought his family to the Hamilton area in the 1850s.

As Fred entered adulthood, Marietta began to suffer bouts of delusion and paranoia, requiring her to be admitted several times to the Toronto and Hamilton Insane Asylums. This left John as the primary caregiver for the four children. In addition to Fred was elder sister Adelaide May (Addie), and brothers Jefferson Newell and Peter Burke Wood., who also had a brief big-league career (1885; 1889).

John Wood had been a catcher at one time; an 1884 report noted that he “still goes upon the diamond with his sons.”5 This early tutelage evidently made an impression on all three boys, as they would all end up playing ball professionally.

The first organized baseball team in Canada, the Hamilton Young Canadians, was established in 1854.6 In the next few decades, baseball in Hamilton grew in popularity with teams like the Maple Leafs, Stars, and Clippers. These teams were supported by junior teams such as the Baysides, Primroses, and Hop Bitters, and it is likely that Fred played on some of these junior teams in the early 1880s. By 1881, the family had relocated into Hamilton; all three of the Wood boys were athletic and caught up in the growth and popularity of baseball in southwestern Ontario. Fred first appears in 1883 as catcher with the Hamilton Hop Bitters, and the Hamilton Spectator noted that “Fred Wood, of the Hops, made a 3-base hit” in what may have been his debut with the team on June 9.7

Fred and Peter soon were in demand across southern Ontario: “The Wood brothers start on a tour this week, playing with local clubs at Barrie, Aylmer and Beamsville.”8 Even the Sporting Life took notice, calling them the “finest battery in Canada. … They are good batters, too.”9 Back in Hamilton, Fred’s other brother Jeff made his way into the Hops lineup on August 20, 1883, marking the first time, though not the last, that all three Wood boys played on the same team. Though primarily a catcher, Fred displayed his athleticism and versatility by playing outfield, shortstop, second base, and even, on at least one occasion, pitcher (for one inning with Beamsville).

The Detroit Wolverines of the National League had a lackluster season in 1883, finishing seventh among eight teams. Their manager, Jack “Death to Flying Things” Chapman, was on the hunt for reinforcements in the offseason. He found two new players in Hamilton, signing Addie Richardson, shortstop of the Baysides, and Fred Wood, stating: “Wood and Richardson are both good batters and runners, and are young gentlemen of strictly temperate habits.”10 The Detroit Free Press described Wood as a “short, muscularly built young man, strong and rugged, and the picture of health. He is nearly 23 years of age, five feet and four inches tall, and ordinarily weighs about 150 pounds. He has been hard at work in a gymnasium, however, and now weighs but 140, being in perfect playing condition. He, in common with all the new men in the club, intends to play ball for a livelihood and is ambitious to excel.”11

Wood impressed in pre-season games, ranking among the team leaders in hitting. Manager Chapman had star catcher Charlie Bennett, who led all NL receivers in batting average the previous two seasons. Yet Wood did so well behind the plate that by the start of the season, he had “caught in three games, and has done good work. It is evident that Bennett will have reliable assistance this season.”12

The season opened on May 1, and the Wolverines scored only 13 runs in their first nine games, losing them all. On May 14, Chapman, looking for more offense, benched light-hitting right-fielder Walter Prince, hitless in his last six games, and put the young Wood in the lineup, batting ninth. Unfortunately, for his major-league debut he would have to face the best pitcher in baseball at that time: “Old Hoss” Radbourn, of the Providence Grays. Providence and Radbourn were at their peaks in 1884; the Grays would finish the season with a franchise-best 84 wins, while Radbourn would beat his own single-season record for wins by a pitcher with 60. The Wolverines managed just five hits off him, but one of them was a clean single off the bat of Wood, his first hit in the majors. However, Wood committed five errors in right field, and then, when switched with Charlie Bennett as catcher, added two passed balls as Providence embarrassed Detroit 25-3.

Still, Chapman was compelled to try Wood again the following day, this time behind the plate to catch Frank Meinke. He came through with another hit and scored his first major-league run in a losing effort to the Boston Beaneaters. But he committed three errors and five passed balls and was not put in the lineup for another week.

The Detroit Free Press, in assessing the state of the Wolverines one month into the season, stated that Wood “has caught well, though under the disadvantage of having very sore hands. He is plucky, and when his hands get in shape will make an excellent showing.”13 (The pillow-type catcher’s mitt had not yet been introduced.) Wood got into only 10 more games with Detroit, however, splitting his time behind the plate and in right field (with a late-game switch to shortstop on June 4). He did not manage any more hits beyond the two in his first two games.

The game on June 5 versus Cleveland featured a few items of peculiarly Canadian interest. The Detroit Free Press declared “it was a queer kind of a nine that Chapman was able to present yesterday.”14 It started with regular left fielder George “Dandy” Wood (also Canadian, but no relation) positioned at shortstop. With Fred Wood in right field, Chapman then put in a “recruit named Weber … in the left garden.”15 This was in fact Joseph Weber (also from Hamilton, Ontario), and this was only the second time in major-league history where a team included three Canadians in their lineup.16 With William “Silver Bill” Phillips (from New Brunswick) at first base for the Blues, it also marked the first time four Canadians played in the same major-league game.

A few weeks after this event, confusion arose around Wood’s status with Detroit. On June 18, it was reported that he had “returned [to Hamilton] at 2 o’clock yesterday afternoon, probably for good. Although he has been an immense success with the Detroits, he is tired of playing with them and there is every probability that he will not rejoin them, but stick to Hamilton in future.”17

The following day it was reported that “the manager of the Detroit club … refused to grant him a release. He hopes, however, to get a release within a month.”18 It was then reported on June 21 that “an unreliable afternoon sheet announced two or three days ago that Fred. Wood had been released [by Detroit]; and had returned to his old club at Hamilton as catcher. There wasn’t a word of truth in the statement. He has been at home on a visit this week, but is expected to rejoin the club to-day.”19

To add to the confusion, on this same date, Fred appeared in center field for the Hamilton Clippers of the Western Ontario League. Also in the lineup that day were his brothers Pete (pitcher) and Jeff (first base), marking the first time the three were recorded as appearing together. In his debut with the Clippers, Fred went 3-for-5. He was, despite some “kicking” by the opponents, moved from center field to first base to replace an injured teammate, and then to “his position behind the bat.” 20 His play as catcher “was excellent.”21

Wood was able to tie up his loose ends and receive his release from Detroit, allowing him to remain in Hamilton. He went behind the plate for the Clippers in their next game on June 28, and remained the team’s regular catcher for the rest of the season. Though it was strictly against league rules for a professional to be on the field, it was not enforced, as the London Atlantics had Joseph Weber, Wood’s former teammate with Detroit, as their catcher.

As the Western Ontario League season came to a close, it was reported on September 27 that Wood “will catch his last game behind the bat, as he intends retiring from the baseball field after this season. … Fred is perhaps the best man behind the bat that Canada has produced, and his loss will be a hard one to the Clipper team.”22 This was the first of several rumored “retirements.” Yet he ended up catching the next two games after all, despite what transpired on October 4: “Pete Wood sent in a high ball. Fred reached up for it. It caught him right on the end of the index finger of his right hand and knocked it out of joint.”23 In an era when catchers wore merely padded gloves at best, this was not uncommon, but was still remembered by the London Advertiser almost 25 years later with the headline “Broke a Digit in Great Game — How the Wood Boys Helped In Great Contest Between Clippers and Toronto.”24 With no disabled list available, Fred was nevertheless back behind the plate one last time only a week later.

The offseason proved a joyous one for Fred. He was united in marriage on October 28, 1884 with Adelaide Elsie Orr, an “amiable and accomplished Barrie lady.”25 She was the daughter of Captain Wesley Fletcher Orr, who held an intriguing variety of professions and posts: businessman, militia officer, journalist, newspaper editor, cattle dealer, salesman, coroner, storekeeper, and lumber agent. He was also elected the first mayor of the city of Calgary, Alberta in 1894. Fred is himself listed as a clerk for the Omnium Loan Company, of which his father was managing director. For the ceremony, brothers (and teammates) Jeff and Peter acted as groomsmen.

After a honeymoon in Chicago, Fred and Addie returned to Hamilton. Presumably, Fred resumed his duties as clerk and bookkeeper for his father’s company. But reports of his retirement from baseball were either premature or misinformed, as he returned to the Clippers in 1885. Along with Toronto, London, Guelph, and another Hamilton team, the Primroses, the Clippers were now members of the Canadian League, a professional league organized by businessman, brewer, and former pitcher, George Sleeman.

Not far into the 1885 season, on June 19, Fred and his brother Peter were suspended for 30 days without pay and fined $15 each by the Clippers, for “insubordination and disregard of the rules of the club.”26 The cause of the disagreement was the desire of the manager to replace their other brother Jeff with another player at first base. The brothers objected to the suspension and claimed their release from the Clippers. George Sterling, manager of the Clippers, stated that he “did not wish to keep the Woods from playing ball and would release them as soon as the matter was decided” by the Judiciary Committee.27

Sterling kept his word; the brothers were released on June 27. Despite courting offers from Guelph management, they were engaged a few days later by the Hamilton Primroses. After 12 games with the Primroses, and despite Fred still being under contract, it was then reported on August 4 that “the Londons have signed him and so have the Torontos.”28 It took several more days of debate before it was declared: “The Torontos are lucky in getting him.”29 Wood struggled at the plate in Toronto, managing only one hit in 22 at-bats, and so after only five games, he was released on August 19. As the Canadian League limped towards season’s end, press coverage declined, and it was without fanfare that Wood returned to the Primroses to play two more games with them in September.

On September 22, it was reported that Jack Chapman, now manager of the NL’s Buffalo Bisons, “expects that Fred Wood of Hamilton, who was with the Detroits last year, will be on hand in time for to-day’s game. He is a brother of Wood who is now pitching for the local club.”30 Though no game was actually played on September 22, the Bisons did travel to the Woods’ hometown of Hamilton to play an exhibition game against the Canadian League champion Clippers on September 28. In a sure bid to excite the home crowd, Fred was put in to catch his brother. Unfortunately, the Bisons were easily defeated 7-2.

With the Bisons battling for last place with Detroit and St. Louis and having lost nine in a row, they had little to lose by keeping both Woods in the lineup for the next league game. He and Peter made history on September 30, 1885 as the only Canadian brothers ever to form a major-league battery. Fred hit a single in the 5-3 loss to Boston, and he was noted as showing “promise of becoming a fine backstop.”31 Despite this, Chapman chose to have his regular catcher, George Myers, complete the season behind the plate. Fred did not return to the lineup, nor would he ever again play in a major-league contest.

Fred and his wife Adelaide welcomed their first child on January 26, 1886, whom they named John Frederick, after Fred’s father. A telegram received on April 15 by the Buffalo Bisons (now in the minor International League) gave the “gratifying news that the ‘Wood battery’ have signed their contracts and will join the club May 15 at which date Peter’s term at Toronto university expires. … He and his brother are said to work together like clock work.”32 Brotherly loyalty was fully evident here, as Fred was considered at this time “a catcher of little reputation, but Pete’s signing, we understand, is conditional upon Fred’s simultaneous engagement.”33

The brothers reported to Buffalo ahead of schedule and debuted with the Bisons on May 14 against Toronto. Fred’s tenure with Buffalo was short-lived, however. A rift between the Wood brothers and the rest of the Bisons was being reported in the Buffalo papers.34 With his batting average below .200, as well as a broken finger, Fred asked for his release. It was granted on June 27.

He was quoted as saying he “will not play ball again this year.”35 Nonetheless, he was brought out of “retirement” only a week later when he was “engaged for about three weeks as a change infielder and catcher” with a Buffalo rival, the Rochester Maroons.36 In his first game with Rochester on July 3, he went hitless in four at-bats and committed two errors at second base against the Bisons. The (Rochester) Democrat and Chronicle didn’t hold back its criticism, stating Wood “played an execrable game. Possibly he can do good work, but he gave no signs of it yesterday.”37 Rochester Manager Frank Bancroft was by then denying that he had signed Fred Wood, but rather that he played one game for them “merely to help them out until Hackett, the second baseman who was injured here, could play again.”38 This proved to be the only game Fred played for Rochester, as well as his last of the season.

It was now evident that Wood was moving on from baseball. By early 1887, he, along with his wife and son, had moved to Nixon, a small town in southwestern Ontario. His family welcomed another son, Lorne Jeffrey, on February 7. In mid-July, papers were speculating that “Fred has begun to dabble in baseball again.”39 However, Wood was quick to put those rumors to rest. In a July 18, 1887 letter to the Hamilton Spectator, he stated categorically that he had “retired from baseball a year ago.”40 He added that the “ball player’s life is not such a smooth one after all.”41

The family did not remain in Nixon long. By 1889, Wood was in London, Ontario, boarding with his father, and working for his enterprise: Wood, Tassie & Burns Company, dealers in boots and shoes. That August, after what appears to be three years out of baseball, Fred came out of retirement to join Peter on the London Tecumsehs of the International Association. After catching in two games, he was put at second base on August 17. But the London Advertiser asserted that “Fred Wood is not fast enough for second base. A man not in regular practice can hardly be expected to do proper work, and should never have been put there.”42 This was his last game with London, and from then until season’s end, he played only sporadically with some local nines.

With Wood having semi-retired from baseball, he spent more time in musical endeavors. He joined the Young Liberal Minstrels, a London troupe, and performed with them at the Grand Opera House in February 1890.43 He continued to play ball on occasion, including with Peter on the amateur team from Dundas in September 1890.

In 1891, at the age of 30, Wood changed direction and began his studies at the Dental College at The University of Western Ontario. On March 17, his third son, Dellius Ives Wood, was born. Wood continued to play on occasion for the London Medical Club and the Tilsonburg (now Tillsonburg, Ontario) Blues. All three Wood brothers played together in the infield for Tilsonburg at a tournament held on August 5-6, 1891. They combined for 19 hits and 15 runs scored in only two games to help the Blues take first prize.

In early 1892, Wood continued with his dental studies. Sporting Life noted he was now definitely “out of professional base ball for good.”44 Nevertheless, he continued to play with Tilsonburg, and in 1893, with Dundas of the Central Amateur Baseball Association. Soon after season’s end, on September 29, he welcomed his first daughter, Adelaide Elsie.

Wood registered as a dentist with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario on March 30, 1894, after achieving first-class honors at the Toronto University examinations. He was selected to teach other dental students, among them his brother Jeff. From 1895 to 1897, the siblings partnered to form Wood and Wood, a dental practice on Dundas Street in London.

Yet despite his new practice and his growing family (another son, Wesley Charles, was born on June 1), Fred once again came out of retirement from baseball. On April 20, 1895, “Dr. Fred. Wood … signed to play short stop for the Alerts of London [of the Western League] this season.”45 On September 18, Wood’s batting average stood at .222.46 The late-season acquisition of London-born Arthur “Doc” Sippi, who had been batting .382 with Port Huron of the recently disbanded Michigan State League, pushed Wood out of the lineup for the remainder of the season, and out of baseball for good.

Dr. Wood was now better able to focus on his dental practice. In his spare time, he continued his musical pursuits, performing in benefit concerts in London on a regular basis. In March 1897, he was appointed dentist to the City Hospital for the ensuing year. The last of his six children, Margaret Jane, was born on August 14, 1899.

With his baseball career positively behind him, he joined the London Cricket Club in 1900. Musically, he became director of London’s Juvenile Opera Company, which presented several very successful performances in April and May 1901. One review said, “Dr. Fred Wood deserves great credit for his part in fostering and bringing to the front such talent as that displayed Saturday night.”47 Music was very much a family affair, with his five oldest children and two nephews involved with the Company.

The following year, the Wood family suffered a tragic loss on March 2, 1902, when Fred’s father died at the age of 65 after a lengthy battle with Bright’s (kidney) Disease.

Ever the sportsman, Wood engaged in a wide variety of other athletic pursuits in his forties. Wood became involved with horse racing; in December 1903, he helped form the London Amateur Road-Drivers’ Association and was chosen President and Secretary. He had some success in 1904 with a few of his own horses, including one fittingly named Dentist. Over the next several years, Wood also became a member of the Thistle Curling Club, the Thames River Angling Association, and the London Bowling and Rowing Club. In 1908, was elected Secretary-Treasurer of the London Canine Association.

The next two decades presented many misfortunes for Dr. Wood and family. His dental office experienced a break-in and several minor fires over the years. The family suffered a bout of food poisoning in December 1911. Then, in September 1912, Fred suffered minor injuries when he was struck by an automobile as he attempted to board a streetcar. Since his father’s death, Fred and his brothers had managed the affairs for their mother, who died on December 21, 1913 in an Aged People’s House in London as a result of accidental head injuries.

The Wood family also felt the effects of World War I. Fred’s son Wesley, while being treated at a hospital in Shorncliffe, England, wrote to his father of the atrocities he witnessed there. A year later, in June 1916, Private Charlie Hill, a bookkeeper and hockey player who had lived with Dr. Wood for a time while in London, was killed in action while rescuing wounded men while under fire.

Closer to home, Fred’s only sister, Adelaide, died on October 20, 1917 in Hamilton. On August 28, 1922, the crops, buildings and equipment owned by Dr. Wood were destroyed by a barn fire, with the damage estimated at $20,000. On March 15, 1923, his youngest brother and batterymate Peter died in Chicago, and on October 20, 1924, another traffic accident resulted in minor injuries for an unnamed “young son of Dr. F.L. Wood.”48 Lastly, his last remaining sibling and teammate Jeff died on April 17, 1929, in London.

In 1935, Dr. Wood, by then in his seventies yet still at his dental practice, moved from his King Street residence, where he had been for over 30 years, to 52 Becher Street. It was there that he died suddenly in the evening of November 17, 1935 of coronary disease as a result of a blood clot. He was most likely aged 74 (sources range from 72-75).

Despite his elevated profession and his many achievements, the peculiarly brief death notice conveys little, beyond that the funeral was “strictly private.”49 Though his death registration indicates that he is buried in Woodland Cemetery in London, he is mysteriously not among their records. After Wood’s death, his wife and sons relocated out west to British Columbia. While staying with daughter Addie in Calgary, Adelaide died on August 17, 1942. She is buried alone, in Banff, Alberta — leaving Fred’s final resting place, for the time being, also a mystery.



This biography was reviewed by Bill Lamb and Rory Costello and fact-checked by Kevin Larkin.



Ball, David and David Nemec. Major League Baseball Profiles: 1871-1900, Volume 1 (Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2011).

Martin, Brian. The Detroit Wolverines: The Rise and Wreck of a National League Champion (Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland, 2018).

Morris, Peter. “Fred Wood,” SABR Biographical Research Committee Newsletter, November/December 2017 Report.

Shearon, Jim. Over the Fence is Out! (Kanata, Ontario: Malin Head Press, 2009).

The author consulted many newspapers, including: Buffalo Commercial, Buffalo Courier, Buffalo Morning Express, Buffalo Evening News, Detroit Free Press, London Advertiser, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Syracuse Standard, Toronto News, and Toronto World.

Partridge, Tyler. “The History of Canadian Baseball Brothers,” CANUCKBASEBALLPLUS,, accessed November 15, 2019.

Archives of Ontario. Series RG 10-268. Queen Street Mental Health Centre Histories

Archives of Ontario. Series RG 10-271. Health Queen Street Muster Roll Female

Archives of Ontario. Series RG 10-272. Queen Street Mental Health Centre Records

The author also consulted the Baseball Hall of Fame Library file, along with a variety of genealogical resources, including US & Canadian Census records, Assessment Rolls, Voters Lists, Land Records, City Directories and Medical Registers.



1 “Dr. Frederick L. Wood, Dentist, Dies Suddenly,” London (Ontario) Free Press, November 18, 1935.

2 “Dr. Frederick L. Wood, Dentist, Dies Suddenly.”

3 The 1901 Census of Canada lists his birthdate as July 21, 1863. His marriage registration from 1884 states his age as 23. Several other census records (1871, 1881, 1911, 1921) indicate 1862. His death registration states July 25, 1861, with 1860 written next to that in brackets.

4 Daniel J. Livermore. “Edmund Burke Wood,” Dictionary of Canadian Biography,, accessed July 24, 2019.

5 “Baseball,” Detroit Free Press, March 21, 1884.


7 “Baseball,” Hamilton (Ontario) Spectator, June 11, 1883.

8 “Baseball,” Hamilton Spectator, August 22, 1883.

9 “Our Canada Letter,” The Sporting Life, September 24, 1883: 6.

10 “Sporting Matters,” Detroit Free Press, October 30, 1883: 6.

11 “Sporting Matters,” Detroit Free Press, March 21, 1884: 7.

12 “Diamond Insects,” Detroit Free Press, May 2, 1884: 1.

13 “Records of the Detroit Team, the National and Northwestern Leagues,” Detroit Free Press, June 2, 1884: 11.

14 “The Detroits Win a Game With the Bat and Lose It in the Field,” Detroit Free Press, June 6, 1884: 3.

15 “The Detroits Win a Game With the Bat and Lose It in the Field.”

16 David Matchett. Three Canadian Teammates – Part 1 — The 1800s. Presentation at the 2016 Canadian Baseball History Symposium, St. Mary’s, Ontario.

17 “Baseball,” Hamilton Spectator, June 18, 1884.

18 “Baseball,” Hamilton Spectator, June 19, 1884.

19 “Fair Balls,” Detroit Free Press, June 21, 1884: 8.

20 “Baysides and Clippers,” Hamilton Spectator, June 23, 1884.

21 “Baysides and Clippers.”

22 “Baseball,” Hamilton Spectator, September 27, 1884.

23 “Clippers V. Torontos,” Hamilton Spectator, October 6, 1884.

24 “Broke a Digit in Great Game,” London (Ontario) Advertiser, April 1, 1908: 7.

25 “Mr. Fred Wood’s Marriage,” Hamilton Spectator, November 1, 1884.

26 “Notes,” Hamilton Spectator, June 22, 1885.

27 “The Canadian League Meeting,” Hamilton (Ontario) Times, June 27, 1885: 1.

28 “Notes,” Hamilton Spectator, August 4, 1885.

29 “Notes,” Hamilton Spectator, August 10, 1885.

30 “Yesterday’s Games,” Buffalo Morning Express and Illustrated Buffalo Express, September 22, 1885: 2.

31 “Boston 5, Buffalo 3,” Buffalo Morning Express and Illustrated Buffalo Express, October 1, 1885: 2.

32 “Getting Into Harness,” The Buffalo Times, April 16, 1886: 1.

33 The Sporting Life, reprinted in the Hamilton Spectator, April 21, 1886.

34 Buffalo Courier, reprinted in the Hamilton Spectator, June 25, 1886.

35 “Notes,” Hamilton Spectator, June 29, 1886.

36 Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester), July 3, 1886; 6.

37 Democrat and Chronicle (Rochester), July 4, 1886; 7.

38 “Notes,” Hamilton Spectator, July 6, 1886.Hamilton Spectator, July 06, 1886.

39 “Pete Wood Suspended,” Toronto Mail, July 16, 1887.

40 “Fred Wood’s Terse Letter,” Hamilton Spectator, July 21, 1887.

41 Hamilton Spectator, July 21, 1887.

42 “Notes of the Game,” London Advertiser, August 19, 1889.

43 “Show News,” New York Clipper, March 1, 1890; 10.

44 “From Canada,” The Sporting Life, February 6, 1892: 1.

45 “Baseball,” Guelph (Ontario) Mercury, April 20, 1895: 4.

46 “Batting Averages of the Canadian B.B.A. Players,” London Free Press, September 18, 1895.

47 “Juvenile Opera Company,” London Advertiser, May 13, 1901: 8.

48 “Boy Struck By Auto — Not Seriously Hurt,” London Free Press, October 20, 1924.

49 “Dr. Frederick L. Wood, Dentist, Dies Suddenly,” London Free Press, November 18, 1935.

Full Name

Frederick Llewellyn Wood


July 21, 1865 at Dundas, ON (CAN)

If you can help us improve this player’s biography, contact us.