SABR Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The SABR Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is dedicated to promoting outreach into traditionally underrepresented communities within SABR’s membership base and prospective members, as well as other stakeholders and constituents. The Committee also ensures that SABR events provide a welcoming environment to individuals of all backgrounds.
The strategy and vision for the DEI Committee includes:
- Collaborate with SABR leadership and Board members to create policies and programming that ensures and facilitates an integrated vision and shared responsibility for diversity;
- Promote and foster the learning about difference and understanding of cultural traditions, histories and influences;
- Engage and cultivate relationships with SABR members, SABR leadership and Board members, prospective members, SABR affiliates, stakeholders, and friends of diversity to build upon opportunities that may include funding opportunities and related opportunities to partner;
- Build a welcoming and supportive climate for SABR members, SABR leadership and Board members, prospective members, SABR affiliates, stakeholders, and friends, ensuring that all constituents are aware of SABR DEI commitments to the organization.
The DEI Committee is comprised of:
- Allison Levin, SABR Director
- Leslie Heaphy, SABR Vice President and chair of the Women in Baseball Research Committee
- David Firstman, SABR member
- Tyrone Brooks, former SABR Director
- Jason Bernard, SABR member
The DEI Committee welcomes affiliate members, who are crucial to our community outreach and inclusion efforts.
If you are interested in joining the Committee as an affiliate member, please contact Allison Levin.