We’re pleased to announce more featured speakers for the fifth annual SABR Analytics Conference, which will be held March 10-12, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix in downtown Phoenix, Arizona.
Conference registration is available now at the SABR Store. Click here to register! The conference is open to all baseball fans. Stay tuned as more featured speakers will be announced soon!
- Derrick Hall, President/CEO, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Dick Williams, Senior Vice President/General Manager, Cincinnati Reds
- Aaron Boone, ESPN analyst and former major-leaguer
- Michael Bentley, Founder, Blast Motion
- Eno Sarris, Staff Writer, FanGraphs
They will join Brian Kenny of MLB Network; broadcaster Mike Ferrin of the Arizona Diamondbacks and MLB Network Radio; front-office executives Nick Ennis of the San Diego Padres, Sarah Gelles of the Baltimore Orioles, and Yeshayah Goldfarb of the San Francisco Giants; SABR President Vince Gennaro; and Dan Migala of Property Consulting Group as featured speakers at the 2016 SABR Analytics Conference.
Click here to read bios for all of our speakers and panelists. Please note: All speakers are subject to change based on availability.
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. While SABR is a multi-faceted organization involved in virtually every aspect of baseball, we continue to build on our legacy by producing and hosting the fifth annual SABR Analytics Conference.
Once again, we’re bringing together the top minds of the baseball analytic community under one roof to discuss, debate and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball.
The schedule will consist of a combination of Guest Speakers, Panels and Research Presentations — plus the unique Diamond Dollars Case Competition, in which undergraduate, graduate, and law school students from across the country analyze and present a real baseball operations decision.
- Conference registration is available now at the SABR Store. Click here to register! The conference is open to all baseball fans. The early registration rate is $395 for SABR members and $495 for nonmembers, or $350 for currently enrolled high school or college students (includes one-year membership to SABR). Please note: The early-registration discount expires at 11:59 p.m. MST on Friday, February 12.
- Book your hotel room: The 2016 SABR Analytics Conference will be held Thursday, March 10 through Saturday, March 12 at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, 122 N. 2nd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. Click here to book your hotel room at the special SABR group rate of $179/night (plus tax) for double occupancy. Or call (602) 252-1234 and mention that you’re with the SABR Analytics Conference. The cutoff date to book your room ends at 11:59 p.m. MST on Friday, February 12.
Check back soon at SABR.org/analytics as we announce more of our featured speakers, panels, and presenters for the 2016 SABR Analytics Conference!
- 2016 SABR Analytics: Submit your research presentation abstract
- Nominate an article for 2016 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards
Originally published: January 13, 2016. Last Updated: January 13, 2016.