We’re excited to announce initial student programming for the SABR Virtual Analytics Conference, presented by Major League Baseball and Rawlings. The conference, which is open to all baseball fans, is scheduled for March 17-20, 2022.
Available to currently enrolled high school or college students, panel, this slate of student-specific presentations is geared toward those looking to gain an edge in breaking into the ultra-competitive baseball industry. Student programming is expected to include:
- Introduction to Baseball Databases: Sean Lahman, SABR
- Working with Baseball-Reference Data: Jonah Gardner, Sports Reference
- Working with Baseball Savant and R: Josh Keen, Baseball Operations Analyst, MLB
- SLICED with SABR: Nick Wan, Director of Analytics, Cincinnati Reds
Please note: All speakers are subject to change depending on availability.
In addition to these presentations, student attendees also have access to all general Analytics Conference programming, as well as student-only networking and job opportunity sessions during the event.
Currently enrolled high school or college students are eligible to attend for a special $50 registration fee laden with benefits. Student registration includes a one-year SABR membership ($25 value), a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value), and a live webinar with Rapsodo staff available exclusively to Analytics Conference student attendees.
- To register for SABR Analytics at the student rate: E-mail Scott Carter with a photo of your student ID to receive the discounted registration link. Access to Rapsodo online certification course and webinar will be delivered after conclusion of the conference.
Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters! Visit SABR.org/analytics to learn more.
Originally published: February 15, 2022. Last Updated: February 15, 2022.