2023 SABR Analytics Conference: Student Programming
We’re excited to announce student programming for the 2023 SABR Analytics Conference.
Available to currently enrolled high school or college students, this schedule of student-specific presentations is geared toward those looking to gain an edge in breaking into the ultra-competitive baseball industry. The virtual student-0nly programming — which will be held on Zoom from 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. MST on Thursday, March 9 — will include:
- Introduction to Baseball Databases: Sean Lahman, SABR
- Working with Baseball-Reference Data: Jonah Gardner and Zoe Surma, Sports Reference
- Working with Baseball Savant and R: Shanna Shi, Associate Data Quality Analyst, MLB
- SLICED with SABR: Nick Wan, Director of Analytics, Cincinnati Reds
- Confidence Intervals/Statistical Difference Tests: David Hyland, Xavier University
Please note: All speakers are subject to change depending on availability.
In addition to these presentations, student attendees also have access to all general Analytics Conference programming, as well as student-only networking and job opportunity sessions during the event.
Students will have two registration options, virtual or in-person, with both including access to the General Session on Friday, March 10 through Sunday, March 12, and a student-only virtual session on Thursday, March 9. All student registrations also include a complimentary one-year SABR membership ($25 value) and a complimentary Rapsodo certification course ($395 value).
- To register for SABR Analytics at the student rate: E-mail Scott Carter with a photo of your student ID to receive the discounted registration link. SABR membership will be fulfilled after event sign-up and access to the Rapsodo online certification course will be delivered after conclusion of the conference.
Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters! Visit SABR.org/analytics to learn more.
Originally published: February 13, 2023. Last Updated: March 8, 2023.