SABR’s Negro Leagues Committee is pleased to announce its 2012-13 2012 – 2013 grant opportunity for school libraries.
Each summer, the Negro Leagues Committee hosts the Jerry Malloy Negro League Conference. The 2013 conference will be held in Newark, New Jersey (dates TBA). Check SABR.org/malloy soon for more details. Some of our initiatives include: 1) donation of books to local schools and/or libraries, 2) raising funds to purchase headstones for unmarked graves of former players and the 3) essay writing contest.
- Current school libraries – not independent or community libraries.
- Proposal sent by current school librarian.
- Receive a letter of support from their Principal or Head Librarian.
- Application must be completed in full.
- Your proposal must be attached to your application.
- Your submission must include a letter of support from the school principal, top administrator, or Head Librarian.
The Planning Committee of the Jerry Malloy Negro League Committee will review all the applications and make two selections. The winners will be notified by Jackie Robinson Day, April 15, 2013. Books will be delivered to the winning libraries.
All applications must be postmarked no later than March 25, 2013, and mailed to: Dr. Leslie Heaphy – Kent State University at Stark Campus 6000 Frank Rd. North Canton, OH 44720, or e-mailed to Lheaphy@kent.edu.
For more information on the Malloy Conference, visit SABR.org/malloy.
Originally published: January 14, 2013. Last Updated: January 14, 2013.