The SABR Analytics Conference brings together the leading minds in baseball analytics to discuss and debate topics relevant to the quantitative analysis of the game of baseball, including aspects of innovation and technology.
Abstracts of proposed research presentations should be no more than 500 words in length, and must include the abstract’s title, review of previous work on the subject, a summary of the research methodology and preliminary and/or final results, and the expected contribution to the field of baseball analytics offered by this work. Please send all abstracts to this e-mail address: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate whether you are submitting for the general track or for the student track of presentations. General-track presenters will be responsible for submitting a full research paper after their abstracts are evaluated, while student-track presenters will submit a sample PowerPoint presentation file.
The submission deadline for all 2024 SABR Analytics Conference presentation abstracts is 11:59 p.m. MST on November 22, 2023. See the timeline below for more details on the evaluation and selection process. Note: If your presentation is accepted, you will be required to register for the conference in order to present.
Research can be focused on any area of baseball, including player evaluation or business practices. Submissions will be evaluated based on originality, validity, and applicability of the research along with other relevant factors.
When submitting an abstract, the author should describe anticipated audio-visual needs if the abstract is accepted as an oral presentation. If your work will require something different than a PowerPoint slideshow, please let us know in advance.
SABR Analytics Conference presentations timeline
- September 27, 2023: Call for presentations begins
- November 22: Abstracts due
- December 15: Research Papers requested (general track) / Sample Presentations due (student track)
- January 15, 2024: Research Papers due (general track)
- February 16: Finalists notified (must register for conference at this time to reserve your spot)
- February 23: Final abstract changes due for conference program
- March 4: Final PowerPoint presentations due to Sports Info Solutions
- March 8: Conference begins
Originally published: September 27, 2023. Last Updated: November 1, 2023.