Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Fall 2018:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Met-rospectives: A Collection of the Greatest Games in New York Mets History, edited by Brian Wright and Bill Nowlin
- The Big Fella: Babe Ruth and the World He Created, by Jane Leavy
- Power Ball: Anatomy of a Modern Baseball Game, by Rob Neyer
- Now Taking the Field: Baseball’s All-Time Dream Teams for All 30 Franchises, by Thomas Stone
- Young John McGraw Of Truxton, by Tony Kissel
- New York Yankees Openers, by Lyle Spatz
- Manager of Giants: The Tactics, Temper, and True Record of John McGraw, by Lou Hernandez
- Baseball and American Culture: A History, by John P. Rossi
- Game Faces: Early Baseball Cards from the Library of Congress, by Peter Devereaux
- Baseball Goes West: The Dodgers, the Giants, and the Shaping of the Major Leagues, by Lincoln A. Mitchell
- Insight Pitch: My Life as a Major League Closer, by Skip Lockwood
- An October to Remember 1968: The Tigers-Cardinals World Series as Told by the Men Who Played in It, by Brendan Donley
- Ballpark 2 Ballpark: Journey Through the Minor Leagues, by John and Vicki Hoppin
- Cuba and the “Last” Baseball Season, by José I. Ramirez
- The Run Don’t Count: The Life and Times of Frank Chance and His 1908 Chicago Cubs, by Herb Gould
- Four Decades of Seattle Mariner Baseball, by Shawn Eckhart
- Hardball Retroactive, by Derek Bain
- Principle of the Curve, Second Inning, by Anika Orrock
- Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs: A Reference Guide, Second Edition, by Ron Keurajian
- Phinally! The Phillies, the Royals and the 1980 Baseball Season That Almost Wasn’t, by J. Daniel
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
Originally published: November 19, 2018. Last Updated: November 19, 2018.