Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
Here are The SABR Bookshelf listings for Fall 2019:
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- The Babe, edited by Bill Nowlin and Glen Sparks
- Go-Go to Glory: The 1959 Chicago White Sox, edited by Don Zminda
- The Base Ball Palace of the World: Comiskey Park, edited by Gregory H. Wolf
- San Francisco Year Zero: Political Upheaval, Punk Rock and a Third-Place Baseball Team, by Lincoln Mitchell
- The Blake Street Bombers, by Manny Randhawa
- The Workingman’s Game: Waverly, New York, the Twin Tiers and the Making of Modern Baseball, 1887-1898, by William H. Brewster
- Bases to Bleachers: A Collection of Personal Baseball Stories from the Stands and Beyond, by Eric Gray
- Mike Hargrove and the Cleveland Indians: A Baseball Life, by Jim Ingraham
- Oscar Charleston: The Life and Legend of Baseball’s Greatest Forgotten Player, by Jeremy Beer
- Baseball in Europe: A Country by Country History, Second Edition, by Josh Chetwynd
- Building the Brewers: Bud Selig and the Return of Major League Baseball to Milwaukee, by Chris Zantow
- James T. Farrell & Baseball: Dream & Realism on Chicago’s South Side, by Charles DeMotte
- Curveball: How I Discovered True Fulfillment After Chasing Fortune and Fame, by Barry Zito with Robert Noland
- Sixty-One in ’61: Roger Maris Home Runs Game by Game, by Robert M. Gorman
- Ballpark: Baseball in the American City, by Paul Goldberger
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
Originally published: December 5, 2019. Last Updated: August 21, 2020.