Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- SABR 50 at 50: The Society for American Baseball Research’s Fifty Most Essential Contributions to the Game, edited by Bill Nowlin
- Harvey’s Wallbangers: The 1982 Milwaukee Brewers, edited by Gregory H. Wolf
- Pride of Smoketown: The 1935 Pittsburgh Crawfords, edited by Frederick C. Bush and Bill Nowlin
- An Illustrated Introduction to Japanese Baseball Cards, by Rob Fitts
- The Resisters: A Novel, by Gish Jen
- A Year of Playing Catch: What a Simple Daily Experiment Taught Me about Life, by Ethan D. Bryan
- Spanking the Yankees: 366 Days of Bronx Bummers, by Gabriel Schechter
- The Baseball Brain: Mental Game Training for the Developing Ballplayer, by Aaron Weinstein
- The Official Rules of Baseball Illustrated: An Irreverent Look at the Rules of Baseball and How They Came to Be What They Are Today, by David Nemec
- Stealing First and Other Old-Time Baseball Stories, by Chris Williams
- Sports Journalism: A History of Glory, Fame, and Technology, by Patrick S. Washburn and Chris Lamb
- Buzzie & The Bull: A GM, a Clubhouse Favorite, and the Dodgers’ 1965 Championship Season, by Ken LaZebnik
- The Baseball Bat: From Trees to the Major Leagues, 19th Century to Today, by Stephen M. Bratkovich
- Cy Young: The Baseball Life and Career, by Lew Freedman
- Deaf Players in Major League Baseball: A History, 1883 to the Present, by R.A.R. Edwards
- Arky: The Baseball Life of Joseph Floyd “Arky” Vaughan, by Frank Garland
- Hardball Architects – Volume 1 (American League), by Derek Bain
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
Originally published: August 21, 2020. Last Updated: August 21, 2020.