Periodically throughout the year, SABR.org publishes The SABR Bookshelf, a listing of new books that are received at the SABR office.
To get your NEW book listed on The SABR Bookshelf, make sure a review copy is sent to: The SABR Bookshelf, Cronkite School at ASU, 555 N. Central Ave. #416, Phoenix, AZ 85004. An e-book file will also suffice; please send the e-book in PDF, EPUB or Kindle/MOBI format to email@example.com.
To ensure a listing in The Baseball Index — SABR’s online catalog of baseball research materials at www.baseballindex.org — make sure a review copy is sent to The Baseball Index, 4025 Beechwood Pl., Riverside, CA 92506.
Bolded names indicates that the author(s) is a SABR member. Click here for a list of publishers found in the SABR Bookshelf, along with their contact information.
In addition, check out new books published by SABR at SABR.org/ebooks.
Click on the link above for more detailed information on each of these books:
- Jackie: Perspectives on 42, edited by Bill Nowlin and Glen Sparks
- When the Monarchs Reigned: Kansas City’s 1942 Negro League Champions , edited by Frederick C. Bush and Bill Nowlin
- Baseball in Occupied Japan: US Postwar Cultural Policy, by Takeshi Tanikawa
- COVID Curveball: An Inside View of the 2020 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship Season, by Tim Neverett
- The Baseball 100, by Joe Posnanski
- Beyond Baseball’s Color Barrier: The Story of African Americans in Major League Baseball, Past, Present, and Future, by Rocco Constantino
- Lights, Camera, Fastball: How the Hollywood Stars Changed Baseball, by Dan Taylor
- The Best Little Baseball Town in the World: The Crowley Millers and Minor League Baseball in the 1950s, by Gaylon White
- Gathering Crowds: Catching Baseball Fever in the New Era of Free Agency, by Paul Hensler
- The Reshaping of America’s Game: Major League Baseball After the Players’ Strike, by Bryan Soderholm-Difatte
- America’s Game in the Wild Card Era: From Strike to Pandemic, by Bryan Soderholm-Difatte
- The Big 50: The Men and Moments that Made the Chicago Cubs, by Carrie Muskat
- If These Walls Could Talk: New York Mets, by Mike Puma
- Hank Aaron: A Tribute to the Hammer, 1934-2021, by Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- 11 in ’11: A Hometown Hero, La Russa’s Last Ride in Red, and a Miracle World Series for the St. Louis Cardinals, by Benjamin Hochman
- The Best Team Over There: The Untold Story of Grover Cleveland Alexander and the Great War, by Jim Leeke
- Clubbie: A Minor League Baseball Memoir, by Greg Larson
- Forty Years a Giant: The Life of Horace Stoneham, by Steven Treder
- Baseball Under the Lights: The Rise of the Night Game, by Charlie Bevis
- Baseball in Hawaii During World War II, by Gary Bedingfield
- #NeverGiveUp: A Memoir of Baseball and Traumatic Brain Injury, by Ruppert Jones with Ryan Dempsey
- Redleg Memories: The Reds of the Fifties and Sixties, by Greg Rhodes
- The Forgotten 1970 Chicago Cubs: Go and Glow, by William S. Bike
- The Case for Barry Bonds in the Hall of Fame: The Untold and Forgotten Stories of Baseball’s Home Run King, by K.P. Wee
- Base Ball: Simple Stats for a Simple Game, by Bob Morris
- Wahoo Sam Crawford: The King of Sluggers, by Kent Krause
To view previous listings in The SABR Bookshelf, click here.
Originally published: September 24, 2021. Last Updated: September 24, 2021.